• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Anagraph Designart software

ColorDoctor

..........4.0..........??? That one slipped by me big time! Have never seen any advertisement on it. What's the diff?? The only thing that 2000 had that I wanted was a crispy vectorizing program. AND YES 3.5 IS A TRUE WORK HORSE.....other than the floating point error from time to time. Speaking of which, accidentally saved a large program with one in it......now refuses to open the file.....:)-( !!

SignosaurusRex

3.5 and 4.0 are exactly the same (according to Anagraph) except 4.0 works on XP. Your 3.5 has nice vectorizing capabilities! I use mine all the time! The floating point error is usually too many open traces or broken duplicate traces. Files that display the "Floating Point Error" can be exported as an AI. or EPS. and then be imported back into ANA and that will eliminate the "F.P.E.", however, you will loose all of your attribute information (font size, spacing, etc.) for that job so you may want to record that info on paper.

Last edited:

ColorDoctor

Have been trying to export the file but the second I open it, which I have to do to export it, the Floating Point Error box comes up and makes me close the entire program. Ideas??...........

SignosaurusRex

Sorry, That one I dont have any brights about. Usually, If I get an F.P.E., I'm able to close all programs, restart the computer, open ANA and the desired file, then immediately export the file.:cool:

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Yeah, that file is corrupt and ANA won't let you do a thing...... believe me, it's probably lost forever......

SignosaurusRex

Don't discard the file yet. I'll check with my ANA Genius buddy about that! Might take a few days for a response on it though.

ColorDoctor

....I think that since I clicked 'yes' when closing that file as far as saving the changes it permantly embedded the error so no matter what it will never open fully.....my trigger finger blewit big time....:Oops: That begs the input of a VERY serious techy to fix....oh well....

ColorDoctor

.....hmmmmmm...just thought of somethin'...on that 4.0 version...I wonder if the drivers would have worked in XP for my plotter as well even though Graphtec Corp sais they did not support past Win2000. I have long since lost my install disks, which were all just upgrades from the very first version....5.25 floppies-yikes. If anyone has the 4.0 running on a XP Pro sytem could you check and see if you have a Graphtec 90a driver in the drivers box. Just curious........:Cool 2:

stevanno

Hello! I've a great problem: my Anagraph key is suddenly broken! I've a lot of job save in .jbs extension file and now it's impossibile for me to export it in another kind of file! i think there are 2 solution: 1- a .jbs program converter (i've serched it but i think doesn't exist) 2 - I need a new key

p.s. my software is Anagraph DesignArt v 3.1

Please help!!!!!

ColorDoctor

....If your dongle still has the 'wrapper paper' on it that ANA put on...peel it off and look at the make of it. Generally they are Sentinal. Do some 'google' on the maker. When you say 'broken' physically in pieces or when plugged in no response??. Also check for problems with that port. In addition look at the following URL www.safenet-inc.com. They have the Sentinal type dongles in there. Atleast they 'might' have a direction or answer. Not sure if all the dongles given out were the same codeing or not. Worth a try....NOW I know I will be transfering all my files into .EPS.... as my dongle is from the very first rendition of DeSign Art.Good luck and post if you get some solid help!! And lastly there was a store in Fountain Valley CALIF that was still selling DesignArt software...as of March 07. Lost the link....grrrrrrr!!

SignosaurusRex

S.O.A.B.!!!! I'm sorry doc, I got side-tracked and forgot to call him. Am making note now and gonna try him now! Stay in touch and I do check and answer all of my "P.M.'s". We've been doing 12-16 hr days with 101 periodically running in the dark backbround!

J.Nguyen

.....hmmmmmm...just thought of somethin'...on that 4.0 version...I wonder if the drivers would have worked in XP for my plotter as well even though Graphtec Corp sais they did not support past Win2000. I have long since lost my install disks, which were all just upgrades from the very first version....5.25 floppies-yikes. If anyone has the 4.0 running on a XP Pro sytem could you check and see if you have a Graphtec 90a driver in the drivers box. Just curious........:Cool 2:

ANADesign Art 4.0 supports your Graphtec-FC 90A.

I have both ANA 3.5 and 4.0, they are running on Windows XP, but I can not use plot jobs to device. Any suggestion?

Thanks.
J.Nguyen

jojo

Anagraph 3.5 on XP?

I just read this section of the forum. Would really like to know if it's possible to get my Anagraph 3.5 software to work on my XP laptop. Was told I'd have to buy an expensive upgrade, and there's the problem of no parallel port to plug the security key in. Am I to understand from what I read here that there is a 'work-around' for this problem.
I would love to at least be able to design on Anagraph on my laptop as I used to do back in the mid-90's.

Thanks & Have a Great Day!
Jo :)

SignosaurusRex

My understanding from talking to a few others, there is no work-around as you call it, that actually works. Anagraph does have a version 4.0 upgrade that is XP compatible (roughly $400 if I remember correctly). As far as an adapter for the parallel port dongle, I don't know.

rabiddog

dongle issue designart2000

We have two parallel port dongles
wants serial number
and migration version

Keys have serial numbers on them , only six characters long

blanks for serial number on popup is 2 groups of 5

any help appreciated.

There appears to be no more anagraph support out there?

We now are using signlab for the past couple years , just use anagraph to export to eps old jobs.

Thanks in advance

Last edited:

SignManiac

I opened my old Ana DesignArt just the other day to use one of my old fonts that were made specifically for it only. I'm able to copy my text or design and paste in Corel so I keep it on my computer for oddball occasions.