• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

and sometimes a customer wants "their" artwork...

Pat Whatley

and sometimes a customer wants "their" artwork and you think about it for 30 seconds, burn them a cd with every file you've ever had for them, and politely send them on their way. As soon as they get out of sight you do the happy dance and smile the rest of the day hoping they've gone to the shop down the road.

Baz

It's my artwork!! Not yours. Unless you paid me for design and our agreement was for me to provide you with copies. Otherwise ... Go see the guy down the street and ask him/her to reproduce whatever work you had done.

I don't give out squat!

SignManiac

I hope you had the decency to give them all the files in .dxf format...You know, the one where every line, arc and segment is broken in a million-gagillion pieces:)

Pat Whatley

Bob, I actually spent the time to convert her files to .eps and .pdf files for her. Baz, I cheerfully gave her the files for free and did what I could do to make it easy for her to go elsewhere.

She's nit-picky as hell, she whines about her doctor/kids/husband/boss every time she comes in, she is condescending, annoying, and just an all-around negative person and I just don't want to deal with her anymore. For what I make off her every year it's just not worth having her come in and depress the whole place. It's all better now! Woo Hoo!

Mosh

If the customers is an a$$ I burn them a CD with all the art in Corel files. Not my problem they don't have Corel (ha ha). They bring the CD back and tell me it does not work, so I pop it in and show them. I only do this for my customers who are a pain. They think they can do their own editing, I let them try. Of course I do this at no charge, so it makes them even madder!!!!

Sign to Go

So glad to fire a customer the other day, Gave her all her SHtuff) on a CD.
Next thing I'm printing her Shtuff for a friendly competitor who doesn't have a printer. I couldn't beleive it! I still was so happy..... that they were the ones dealing with her!

Jim

Mosh

Sign to Go every time this happens I call the original customer and tell them what I am doing and ask if they have the original art so I can print it. Talk about back peddling, oh ah it is my friend making the signs, or some crap like that. Most of this time I print it in low res, cause that is how I roll.

Replicator

It's my artwork!! Not yours. Unless you paid me for design and our agreement was for me to provide you with copies. Otherwise ... Go see the guy down the street and ask him/her to reproduce whatever work you had done.

And them charge them for everything you see your recreated design on, as you did not approve the re-rendering/creating of your work :ROFLMAO:

jasonx

Would be even funnier to copy the font used on the artwork and rename it to some really obscure name and supply those files.

"You want the fonts as well".