• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

another drama with reinstalling flexi TCP/IP connection not working?????

iSign

well, along with the seemingly endless problems with my HP L25500, followed by my second need to reinstall Flexi for no apparent reason last month... now my printing workstation has died, & in my attempts to get my printer talking to Flexi 10.5.1, I am so far unsuccessful to establish a connection.

I can get the program to output cut files, through com1, to my serial port-connected plotter...

...but i can't get any prints to start ripping, or printing, because the production manager either shuts down, and sends an error that it's disconnected, or a dialog box asking to choose local, or whatever, to open it... and in any case, once (re)opened, it shows my file as aborted...

The set-up has my L25500 established using a TCP/IP connection, since I have it connected via a cat5 cable... so I assume that is the right choice for "port"

The printer shows my IP address, and I can even confirm the computer being able to access "printer status" through that same IP address, so entering that in the TCP/IP fields would seem to be correct.

I THEN AM ASKED TO CHOOSE PORT NUMBER, WHICH DEFAULTS TO SHOWING 9100 - and I know nothing about this, so I haven't tried anything different.

Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?
I sure hope I can print again by Monday morning...

Techman

check the IP address of the printer. Then make sure it matches that in your flexi..

IF they match and still no communications then check your firewall and virus deflector.

Also, do you have the correct profile selected or installed and the driver?

Suz

Doug,

Sorry to hear you are having such trouble. Hang in there! Hope to hear very soon that you are making some $ again with your machine. They do make nice prints when they are running. We had some different issues here with ours as well. Sending some good energy your way!

iSign

Paul, thanks again for the time troubleshooting through the re-install process & finally to the successful establishing of a connection!