• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Another sick lunatic in the USA

Status
Not open for further replies.

TammieH

Yeah, this is a horrible tragedy and for the families that have had their worlds torn apart, I cannot imagine much worse then losing a child. I've lost a best friend and a son that disowned me for who I am (which is not as bad, but close). My heart goes out to all the families, friends and their community.

I do not get the fascination with guns, but I am not against gun ownership.

What does upset me are the people who would wish to beat and torture the individuals who commit these crimes such as these, I do believe in justice.

To merely claim people like this are just sick or lunatics, is narrow minded, a lot of people suffer varying degrees of depression and other mental disorders, A Vast Majority will never commit crimes like this, but after years of depression, mental anguish for a few, an event triggers the unimaginable.

Now I know there are people who are on the very extreme as far as mental illnesses go, basically it would be nice to categorize people as either good or bad...but its just not that simple.

David Wright

Arlo, you are referring to the Norway massacre where 77 were killed. They have all the gun control laws Anotherdog wants and then some.
If you want to attack the culture and the crap that comes from the entertainment industry, then you are on to something.

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
Yeah, this is a horrible tragedy and for the families that have had their worlds torn apart, I cannot imagine much worse then losing a child. I've lost a best friend and a son that disowned me for who I am (which is not as bad, but close)...

That could be interesting. Who are you? An incarnation of Vlad the Impaler? Lizzie Bordon? Madam DeFarge?

...Now I know there are people who are on the very extreme as far as mental illnesses go, basically it would be nice to categorize people as either good or bad...but its just not that simple...

People may not be good or bad but in some twilight area in between, but their actions sure as hell are good or bad. There's a lot of people, too many to be particularly tolerant of any that might behave this way or overly patient with those that you're pretty sure have the capacity to act this way.

For certain what is not needed and not affordable are hyper-maudlin poor disturbed specimen positions often assumed by professional slop hearts.

You are defined by what you do. Not by the demons or angels or debris inside. Not by what you could do. Not by what you wanted to do. Not by rationalizations for what you do. Not by anything except that which you actually do.

SuncitySigns

As a child growing up in a farm I understand the importance of guns but il say this guys.... How often do we have a massacre involving guns in Australia.... It's un heard of.....

May those kids rest in peace.

ProWraps

i have a 20 month old and an 8 week old. they are safe and everytime i look at them i have cried today for those that arent.

im so heartbroken. my fiance and i have been in tears all day. im at a loss. im so sorry for the families, the parents of those children. im mortified that we live in a society where this has happened.

SAS

Making guns illegal will not stop someone from killing that wants to kill other people. He could just have easily walk in that class room with a machete and killed a bunch of defenseless children in less than minute. It would have been cheaper to, you can get a machete at Walmart for less than $20. Or since he may have being planing to kill himself before he entered the school he could have just strap a bomb to himself and boom happens almost daily in the middle east.

Needless to say it's a very sad day when someone kills little kids for no reason.

SignosaurusRex

Unfortunately, I think our country just got thrown into a serious left turn today.
The focus will be on "Gun Control" rather than "Goon Control" !

tsgstl

I just couldn't get the image of those poor little innocent kids faces out of my head when he first entered that classroom. Religious or not I think everyone can agree these kids faced hell for the last seconds of their precious lives. And then to think of the parents still numb with shock going home to a house decorated for the holidays possibly with a picture of their lil guy or girl sitting on santas lap sticking to the fridge.

With most of these other incidents it now appears this troubled individual suffered from some form of mental illness. We must find new ways to handle mental illness in this country. It should not be based on what works or not in other countries. It should be based on facts and science. My experience with mental illness is: if the subject is over 18 and they don't agree to treatment there is little or nothing others can do to get them help. Maybe some form of scheduled visits and monitoring of those that have a certain form of mental illness. This would help these people have happier more productive lives and possibly prevent SOME of these situations from happening.

Snydo

I don't remember the exact numbers from a sociology class in college over a decade ago, but in the 1950's we had many, many, many more people in the care of mental institutions than we do today....with a fraction of the population. Yet we can afford(actually we cant) to put millions of non-violent drug offenders away for years and years.

tsgstl

We can afford things that we prioritize

Edit: the money lost in production across this country yesterday alone would possibly cover it. This incident probably cost my business $1000+ from all of us watching news and web. Every business I went to yesterday was in the same boat. These figures don't show on reports but are very realistic.

fmg

I woke up this morning and went straight into my little six year old girls room to see her sound and safe asleep, I lent over her and kissed her forehead, I whispered into her ear 'Daddy Loves you Darling".I am truly blessed to have that moment. My thoughts and prayers are with the victims of yesterdays tragedy God bless!

Si Allen

Seems that Israel has the answer ... armed teachers!

Bet that makes the kids behave better, also.

Attachments

• class.jpg
    class.jpg
    142.4 KB · Views: 78

bob

I don't remember the exact numbers from a sociology class in college over a decade ago, but in the 1950's we had many, many, many more people in the care of mental institutions than we do today....with a fraction of the population...

That would be due to the advent of tranquilizers and other mood and mind altering medications. When Ronald Reagan was governor of the People's Republic of California he caused to be shut down most the the operating nut houses and fool farms. The vast majority of those patients could and were turned loose with proper medication that had become available. Drugged into compliance, the former patients were absorbed into the general population.

...Yet we can afford(actually we cant) to put millions of non-violent drug offenders away for years and years...

Perhaps because it isn't against any law to be a loon but it is to deal in controlled substances.

Bigdawg

Just Me
I had to pull my grandson out of school early yesterday. He's in kindergarten... and I wasn't the only parent there doing that. I just wanted him home with me where I could touch and feel that he was safe - was everything I could do to not pull out the other grandkids that didn't live with me too.

I believe in gun ownership as a basic right guaranteed here in the good ole' USA. I don't know (and don't really care) what made this boy snap... but I'm not sure new laws would have prevented this. I understand the slippery slope of "you can own this type of gun but not this other one" and its pitfalls. But the time has come for an honest, open discussion of just that very thing.

d fleming

And what might the side effects of those drugs be? Maybe depression, suicidal thoughts or violent rage among them?

hatmanok

If just one of the teachers was trained and carried a gun, this might not have happened. These crazys know if they go into a school it is a gun free zone and it's like shooting fish in a barrel.

bob

And what might the side effects of those drugs be? Maybe depression, suicidal thoughts or violent rage am

Perhaps, since these drugs don't really cure anything, they just mask it. Maybe they redirect whatever it is they mask into other manifestations as well. I have no idea if there's any evidence of this but it sure sounds good.

There does seem to be an inordinate number of loony toons running about these days as compared to years gone by. Are they, each one, trying to top the last nutbag in an attempt to achieve their own Wharholian 15 minutes?

Sam I Am

I've read through the posts, and some touch on some of the thoughts I've had. I posted this on my facebook not as political, or inflammatory but as my thoughts on this and other things that have happened in the past. UMCJ touched on it a bit earlier. I am a Christian and I know my beliefs. Whether you are the same, atheist, agnostic, pagan, wiccan or whatever this isn't also my push of my belief on or to you, even though I'm ending my post with a prayer....again, this is my thought an opinion and it's worth exactly what you paid for it. ::

Everyone who believes in anything should be praying for all those victims and for ourselves. I've had a bit to think regarding the CT school murders, and though some may not agree, it is how I see it.

The weirdness of this is, not that it happens, but that given the millions of messed up people in this country, that it does not happen more often. Evil will be allowed to gain a foothold in a society that has become God-less and passive.

The sooner we accept that we have hundreds of thousands of evil savages in the United States, more than ever before in our history, the sooner we will be able to focus on the causes of tragedies like this. There are thoughts I have in relation to the broke legal system and it's processes that I'll not delve into at the moment.

First we have to accept the fact that we are basically uncivilized these days, and stop acting like we have the same country today that we had +/- 50 years ago. 40, 50, 60 years ago young people many of whom may have had guns as I did, never turned them on anyone when they encountered problems in life. We were raised with guns, knew the respect they deserved and how and when to use them. Yet today we have so many (especially young people in their teens and 20's) who are so ill-equipped to handle what life dishes out to them that they have to do something like this.

Guns aren't the problem, this is the result of a politically correct society that has gone out of their way to protect children from developing their emotional muscles. We were told to talk to them, reason with them, be friends with them, instead of being PARENTS. As I was growing up, my butt was busted when it needed it, as I did with my kids. I didn't promise a reward if they were being "good." IF my kids acted up, out of line, whatever, justice was swift and immediate.

We (society) are afraid to spank them, afraid to let them play dodge ball, afraid to let them go through a grade again after they failed it, afraid to let them lose a little league ball game, and where everyone gets a sports participation trophy.

I think many kids are growing up with an emotional atrophy...if we protect them from everything when they are kids, they grow up without having developed an emotional muscle and a sense of responsibility and true self-esteem. Then when they become adults and life starts shoveling huge piles of day to day crap their way, they have no clue how to handle it and just explode.

NOW, prayers for all those innocent children and other victims, and their parents, grandparents and friends. These senseless tragedies have a ripple effect that is felt far and wide, for years.

"Our Lord and Saviour, we ask you please help us on the road to again becoming a civilization, like we used to be before we turned our back on You".

signage

I've read through the posts, and some touch on some of the thoughts I've had. I posted this on my facebook not as political, or inflammatory but as my thoughts on this and other things that have happened in the past. UMCJ touched on it a bit earlier. I am a Christian and I know my beliefs. Whether you are the same, atheist, agnostic, pagan, wiccan or whatever this isn't also my push of my belief on or to you, even though I'm ending my post with a prayer....again, this is my thought an opinion and it's worth exactly what you paid for it. ::

Everyone who believes in anything should be praying for all those victims and for ourselves. I've had a bit to think regarding the CT school murders, and though some may not agree, it is how I see it.

The weirdness of this is, not that it happens, but that given the millions of messed up people in this country, that it does not happen more often. Evil will be allowed to gain a foothold in a society that has become God-less and passive.

The sooner we accept that we have hundreds of thousands of evil savages in the United States, more than ever before in our history, the sooner we will be able to focus on the causes of tragedies like this. There are thoughts I have in relation to the broke legal system and it's processes that I'll not delve into at the moment.

First we have to accept the fact that we are basically uncivilized these days, and stop acting like we have the same country today that we had +/- 50 years ago. 40, 50, 60 years ago young people many of whom may have had guns as I did, never turned them on anyone when they encountered problems in life. We were raised with guns, knew the respect they deserved and how and when to use them. Yet today we have so many (especially young people in their teens and 20's) who are so ill-equipped to handle what life dishes out to them that they have to do something like this.

Guns aren't the problem, this is the result of a politically correct society that has gone out of their way to protect children from developing their emotional muscles. We were told to talk to them, reason with them, be friends with them, instead of being PARENTS. As I was growing up, my butt was busted when it needed it, as I did with my kids. I didn't promise a reward if they were being "good." IF my kids acted up, out of line, whatever, justice was swift and immediate.

We (society) are afraid to spank them, afraid to let them play dodge ball, afraid to let them go through a grade again after they failed it, afraid to let them lose a little league ball game, and where everyone gets a sports participation trophy.

I think many kids are growing up with an emotional atrophy...if we protect them from everything when they are kids, they grow up without having developed an emotional muscle and a sense of responsibility and true self-esteem. Then when they become adults and life starts shoveling huge piles of day to day crap their way, they have no clue how to handle it and just explode.

NOW, prayers for all those innocent children and other victims, and their parents, grandparents and friends. These senseless tragedies have a ripple effect that is felt far and wide, for years.

"Our Lord and Saviour, we ask you please help us on the road to again becoming a civilization, like we used to be before we turned our back on You".

:goodpost:

Status
Not open for further replies.