• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Another sick lunatic in the USA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Techman

the is one of the most despicable of acts. Every one is outraged beyond all reason.

Lets leave the soapbox in the shed while every one has their moment of grief for the kids save the soap box outrage for later.

slappy

wow. Obama is just trying to keep it together. That speech had to be so hard to say.... could tell he was crying, wiping tears away. I still can't believe it. Been listening to it all day here. My heart is just aching for these people

ucmj22

couldnt even imagine the pain of losing one of my girls let alone in this fashion and just before christmas too...

Arlo Kalon 2.0

I've spent three days this week having a great time volunteering in my wife's kindergarten classroom. I've tried to wrap my head around the concept of someone coming into that room and slaughtering those kids. It's an incomprehensible thing to consider the taking of those young lives. This is the work of an entirely depraved person to a magnitude that defies explanation. This person's mind must have been a living hell. We wouldn't have heard a thing about it if he had simply killed himself, and there would be none of the massive outcry we're going to have again concerning getting guns out of people's hands. This is not an outcome that would serve us. Should we also ban stairways since people fall down them and die? Or, as someone else said, cars since people often kill other innocent people with them? The insanity that is going to be rampant throughout society very soon from this tragedy decrying personal gun ownership is going to demonize responsible, sane gun owners everywhere who know people kill people, not guns.

phototec

Very sad, my heart goes out to the families of the fallen.

Yea, lets ban all guns, then some nut jobs will hijack a jet liner and crash it into some buildings to kill 1,000's of people, oh wait, they already did that.

They didn't even use a gun - nut jobs will use what ever they can get their hands on to kill people, lets ban NUT JOBS!

peavey123

this is so horrible! i'm in shock.

If you are starting an anti-gun rant or a pro-gun rant, you need to take a step back. Look at the bigger picture. There are countries who ban guns and countries who have allow guns with virtually zero mortality rates due to guns so your simplistic rationale is lost on this one. It's a much more serious problem here one not so black and white...until we realize this, these types of events will continue to happen.

d fleming

Crazy people are just that, crazy. Gun, knife, stick, bare hands, rock, piece of rope, doesn't matter. Crazy is just that.

Marlene

yet another sad day, children dead and parents lives torn to shreads, other children scarred for life.

anotherdog

I am not trying to be an a** but guns don't kill people, people do.

And if you just have a knife how easy is it to kill 30 children?

Why Why Why why do you Americans need guns? For god sake do 250 million of you feed your families by hunting?

No! It's to protect yourself from other people with GUNS.

You can't legislate away crazy people, you can get rid of automatic weapons. This is not the first and sadly nowhere near the last.

Arlo Kalon 2.0

If you are starting an anti-gun rant or a pro-gun rant, you need to take a step back. Look at the bigger picture. There are countries who ban guns and countries who have allow guns with virtually zero mortality rates due to guns so your simplistic rationale is lost on this one. It's a much more serious problem here one not so black and white...until we realize this, these types of events will continue to happen.

I forget right now the Scandinavian country where something similar happened. They have one of the most stringent gun control policies on the planet and it still happened there. If this guy couldn't have gotten into this school, he would have killed people somewhere else. Right now, somewhere, someone is sitting down planning something bigger than this. When they go about it, wouldn't it be great if there was an armed citizen there to stop them with a well placed head shot?

anotherdog

Are you honesly saying we would be looking at the same thing if the insane sh*t only had a knife or a bat? or at least just a hand gun?

Arlo Kalon 2.0

Why Why Why why do you Americans need guns? For god sake do 250 million of you feed your families by hunting?

You can't legislate away crazy people, you can get rid of automatic weapons. This is not the first and sadly nowhere near the last.

I forget right now the Scandinavian country where something similar happened. They have one of the most stringent gun control policies on the planet and it still happened there. If this guy couldn't have gotten into this school, he would have killed people somewhere else. Right now, somewhere, someone is sitting down planning something bigger than this. When they go about it, wouldn't it be great if there was an armed citizen there to stop them with a well placed head shot?

ThinkRight

And if you just have a knife how easy is it to kill 30 children?

http://www.courant.com/sns-rt-us-china-stabbingsbre8bd065-20121213,0,5592318.story

Crazy is crazy.....

ucmj22

its pretty sad that within minutes someone is using this tragedy to push a political agenda. Let people grieve before you go handing out your leaflets. Sheesh.

I'll just say 2 things and I am out of this thread.

1) If guns kill people, forks make people fat and pencils make spelling errors.

2) there were essentially as many guns in the 50's 60's and 70's without these tragedies happening on a normal basis. If you want to make a stand about something do it about the culture of violence and desensitization inherent in todays society of gratuitousness, and you will have much greater effect on the wellbeing of those within it. If you think someone is going to commit suicide you cant take away all their ropes and think everything will be fine. You have to treat the cause, not the effect.

fmg

Nuff said

Attachments

• 533488_468675819840639_469691443_n.jpg
    533488_468675819840639_469691443_n.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 92
Status
Not open for further replies.