• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Another spelling mistake

ams

It says "the sign was spelled correctly on the proof" which is interesting, how in the world did it get changed? I always send my proof files to production.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
Same here... usually misspellings that make it on the final sign are misspelled in the final proof.

And it's taking them a month and a half to fix it? Gez

bannertime

Same here... usually misspellings that make it on the final sign are misspelled in the final proof.

And it's taking them a month and a half to fix it? Gez

You kidding? I've got a customer that say's their corporate's sign company, which they are supposed to use, is a three month turn around.

jfiscus

Rap Master
Road signs like this aren't just "printed" from the digital file, the letters are applied (riveted?) to the surface.
Probably just pulled from a box/bin of letters if they make a lot of these signs.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
Road signs like this aren't just "printed" from the digital file, the letters are applied (riveted?) to the surface.
Probably just pulled from a box/bin of letters if they make a lot of these signs.

Must not be everywhere. I have a friend that works for an airport making road signs, and a family member that works for a county making road signs, they use a 10-year reflective vinyl to make them.

IDB Signs

We've never done any ourselves, but I'm pretty sure most of the MUTCD signs are with the Prismatic Reflective?

IDB Signs

Indeed. Definitely not worth skimping on the right material just so you can price it to win a state bid. Way too much liability..

ikarasu

Generally it's cut letters out of 3M or avery Diamond grade - Sometimes high prismatic diamond grade.

Latex printers are starting to get certified for printing these also. Usually in the 1-2 color construction signs for right now... but word has it that by the end of the year, Most road signs will be DOT/MOT complaint via latex.

Theres also EFI printers from 3M That are completely certified.... They're UV printers, and cost from 1-250K, but they're nice...