• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Any of your Cities, Towns, or Villages on fire yet?

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
Could get dicey out there - streets filled with possibly enraged, possibly pregnant, possibly hormonally unbalanced, possibly females out there, also just finding out the Supreme Court said they no longer needed a special permit for concealed carry.
Well, let's hope none of that affects the weekends activities. I live within walking distance, but have lived here long enough to know when to avoid downtown.

ETA: I just don't like being in a crowd of people. Personal space + I don't like crowds.

Last edited:

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
:popcorn: and here we go. Fascinating watching a bunch of guy's discuss a woman's right to their reproductive rights.
Fair point, it is a very complex issue. If my wife told me she decided to have an abortion and I needed to be quiet, I don't think my first reaction would be to go sit in a corner and look away until it was over.

Boudica

Fair point, it is a very complex issue. If my wife told me she decided to have an abortion and I needed to be quiet, I don't think my first reaction would be to go sit in a corner and look away until it was over.
Complex indeed. A married woman... I would agree it's a family issue. I don't think my husband wants to sign up for a middle aged pregnant me.

But there are thousands of scenarios, where a woman has a right to her body, and future.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
Everything comes down to legal and finicial. Marriage is a contract. I'm not pro abortion at all. But it seems wrong if it's 100% woman decision if man is 50% responsible. They don't get to have it both ways.

Boudica

Everything comes down to legal and finicial. Marriage is a contract. I'm not pro abortion at all. But it seems wrong if it's 100% woman decision if man is 50% responsible. They don't get to have it both ways.
Not all men accept the responsibility though, and it's extremely easy for the sperm donor to walk away. Leaving the woman with 100% of the burden. Financially, physically and emotionally.

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
Regardless of where anyone on this sand pile stands, this decision has little to do with abortion. It only does a couple of things.. It sends the matter back to the states, which by the 10th amendment, is exactly where it belongs. In doing so it demonstrates that there is no constitutional right to abortion and never has been. This 'right' was conjured up out of whole cloth in order to rationalize the Roe v Wade decision. During that era the supreme court seemed fond of manufacturing miscelaneous 'rights' where none were there before. At lease that would be my impression.

Regardless, the reaction of the populace is most entertaining. Watching people's heads explode, cutting off their ears, running out into traffic, and last but not least never ever uttering a statement about this decision that is true. Amusing but sad.

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
I think that some people forget that this is not an easy decision for a woman, or a man, and it is a decision that follows people through life. The ones that think it's a form of birth control are misinformed to say the least.
With nothing to back it up, I would assume that the majority of abortions are performed due to terrible birth defects or the danger to the woman and not because of poor judgement.
The rise in crime rate in correlation with roe v wade was something we studied in statistics class when I was in college. Any ban gives you about a 13-14 year lead time before crime spikes.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Maybe he meant months? Then there's that leak on the inevitable decision... Speeds up the reaction.
Another thing speeding things up is people knowing they are going to end up on the internet, dropping any inhibitions they might have had and are going off the deep end. Not too smart, like those kids breaking into someone's house - throwing a party & looting the place while streaming it onto the web.

BigNate

Hey, anyone like the privacy surrounding medical info? HIPPA is the act, my general understanding is that the right to medical privacy mostly stems from arguments based on the original R v W decision as well - the original thoughts were about potentially protecting young women from parents who may be upset to the point of violence after hearing from their child's doctor... then expanded as a right we all expect.

Now, when you knock out the court's decision that was a foundation for things like HIPPA, what is the end result for HIPPA? (I think the reversal may have opened a lot more uncertainty to our medical health than what the Justices realized. - time will tell.)