• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Any Users of corel 13 (x3) yet

JMDigital

bob said:
No magic incantations, no secret decoder rings, no other applied paranoia, just install it like always. There's no mechanism to prevent you from installing your copy on every machine in the western hemisphere, all you need is the code printed on the box for each installation.

Hmmm.. is that ok to do?? :biggrin: :thumb:

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
JMDigital said:
Hmmm.. is that ok to do??

I have no idea, nor do I care. I was simply recounting what one can do, not what one ought or ought not to do.

Bobby H

Arial Sucks.
FWIW, there have been some bugs with regard to Adobe's activation setup. Some legal, registered users have had their applications go dead without any reason, or drop activation after other devices or programs were installed. The problems have been spotty, but nonetheless a huge pain for those affected. Adobe's latest point releases on CS2 seem to have cured most of the problems. But this activation thing has been going on since PhotoshopCS was released a couple years ago.

Not to intentionally poo on Corel, but if Adobe has had troubles getting an activation scheme to work it would be a good bet the Corel version would have its share of glitches.

Frankly, I think the activation systems do nothing more than inconvenience honest users. Lots of people all over the place have pirated versions of PhotoshopCS2 and other Adobe CS2 apps. Those hacked apps can be installed and run anywhere anytime. No "transfer activation" baloney required.

OldPaint

i got the demo.....when i open draw....i do not have color pallette where it belongs. have to go to window and scroll down and open the rgb default. when i open it it has none as default. no mater what i try ....when i close this one and reopen later i got to do the color palette default every time.....none of the othe corels ive used does this

m!snyder

bob said:
No magic incantations, no secret decoder rings, no other applied paranoia, just install it like always. There's no mechanism to prevent you from installing your copy on every machine in the western hemisphere, all you need is the code printed on the box for each installation.

thanks for the info ... though the western hemisphere seems like a lofty goal for our little shop

Ian Stewart-Koster

Older Greyer Brushie
I've heard from a few people who uninstalled the X3 demo later on, that their previous licensed working versions of Corel ceased to run normally and needed some repair or reinstallation to get back to normal.
(I've not tried it myslef though.)

cdsgraphic

OK, here's one that has always made me crazy in every other version of corel... did they change it yet?

Draw a rectangle, then change the size of that rectangle. Now if you try to round the corners of the new rectangle, the corners are not in proportion to the new size, but still to the original.

Any change here?

SignManiac

Trevor what I discovered and works is instead of using the F10 key to radius the corner and then end up with a distorted corner after you changed the size, use the new fillet tool. Type in your desired radius and it will make a nice rounded corner no matter what the size is of your square or rectangle.

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
SignManiac said:
Trevor what I discovered and works is instead of using the F10 key to radius the corner and then end up with a distorted corner after you changed the size, use the new fillet tool. Type in your desired radius and it will make a nice rounded corner no matter what the size is of your square or rectangle.

That works OK but the problem with the new fillet/chamfer/whatever tool is that you can't mess around with it visually, you have to do it metrically by specifiying a size. If the size you chose isn't what you want, you have to undo the thing with the undo tool. Much neater to be able to grab a handle and pull and push until it looks the way you want. Or at least be able to do mutliple specifications without having to undo the unsatisfactory iterations. If you don't und them you'll end up filleting your fillets if there's room. If there's not room the software will complain.

I really like the X3 edition but this is one of the areas that isn't particularly well thought out.

SignManiac

Bob I see your point. What Corel needs to add to the fillet/scallop/chamfer tools is a slider bar like they use on the node reduction tool. Seems so simple now that I think of it. I should send them that suggestion for future consideration.