• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Anybody having problems with 3m IJ40 C

ericm

Had three rolls of IJ 40 C delivered started printing and color and overall print quality really bad!
Loaded 35c and printed same file and profile with excellent results
upload_2020-8-13_11-33-49.jpeg

Attachments

• upload_2020-8-13_11-32-29.jpeg
    upload_2020-8-13_11-32-29.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 293

WYLDGFI

Merchant Member
We use quite a bit of 40C. Haven't seen anything like that yet. Have any pics of the printed area flat on a table? Maybe another area or 2 of the same roll/sheet.

Joe House

Try cleaning off an area with Isopropyl to see if it's old vinyl with plasticizer migration.
I would also clean off the encoder strip, because that was my first thought before you told me that other media works fine. Are you using different presets on the different materials?

Good Luck

WYLDGFI

Merchant Member
That area right there looks like its a mechanical issue...misalignment somewhere along the print.

SpeedproHFX

Is the vinyl flat? We've been having a few issues with backer paper of certain brands rippling/almost tunneling
in humidity, especially near the start of a roll. While it doesn't quite head strike, it gets a bit wonky where it bumps...?

ericm

upload_2020-8-13_15-14-55.jpeg

Printed on hp570 here is another shot! Did An alignment ,checked all status plots only happens on IJ 40
running 180 and all is good

greysquirrel

I think you have a profile issue....see what is different between the 3m profile and the 180 profile...look at optimizer, vacuum settings.

ericm

I think you have a profile issue....see what is different between the 3m profile and the 180 profile...look at optimizer, vacuum settings.
Doing the tests i use the same profile printing on 40 C 35C and 180 C I even built a profile specifically for that roll still have the same issue
I’ve only had this problem once before last year IJ 35C was having an issue...... having some more material dropped off tomorrow from a different lot number so we’ll see what happens

WYLDGFI

Merchant Member
Wow....thats somewhat surprising to me. Glad to hear its worked out for you though. Good news.