• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Anyone ever see this?

datoshway

Attached

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-08-18 at 9.54.36 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-08-18 at 9.54.36 PM.png
    3.7 MB · Views: 417

Jester1167

Premium Subscriber
They do that without vinyl especially when the seals around the doors are bad. there is cheap plywood behind the thin metal and it gets wet and holds water. Typically the lower sides and bottom are the worst.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Looks like run of the mill corrosion. We see a good deal of it here on trucks that are not wrapped. Even the stainless trim corrodes down here at sea level. Unwrapped hardware on the truck looks like it is well used.
It is pretty hard to cut through the powder coat/baked finish during install, unless you had a very heavy-handed installer.
If that was the case there would be a lot more damage at most of the trim edges.
Tell him it might be Covid and see if he can claim it with the feds.

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
Very common, as said its plywood skinned with thin aluminum. The bottom of these doors leak where the latch hardware goes through and it gets tons of road spray at the bottom.

BobM

Typical rear door problems seen on all truck/trailer doors. Those bottom edges see tremendous vibration and hits causing moisture intrusion to door laminates. Not a wrap problem.

BUCKY

Inside-out corrosion. We see it all the time when trailers come in. Has nothing to do with the wrap at all.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Yep, definitely user/application error. Tell 'em to go get it fixed and you'll re-wrap that section at cost........ but he'll have a seam.