• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question Anyone ever use One Shots Speed Dry UV Acrylic Clear Aerosol 4005AA

Kottwitz-Graphics

Has anyone ever used Acrylic Clear 4005 (AA) in Aerosol?

I have a sign that I did about 6 or 7 years ago with Sign Foam, and the background paint which was 1 Shot has faded out to a really light blue. My customer has called me as asked for a quote to repaint. To prevent it from fading again, I am thinking about spraying a clear that should prevent it.

Does anyone have any experience with this material?

And I really don't want to try to find an automotive paint/clear and try to switch to it.

Thanks in advance,
Mark

visual800

I used some one shot clear back quite a few years ago and 1 year later it fish scaled all over the place. One Shot is crap.

I would prime the whole sign and use paint with primer later. We use Behr or Ben Moore. Now we have clearcoated over latex with automotive paints but on this application I wouldnt do it

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I don't think anyone's rattle cans will do the job of extending paint life. Your best bet would be to just take it all the way down and do exactly what you did 7 years ago. Other than some spray method, I wouldn't bother with the clears, not on paint anymore.

Jillbeans

Do not, I repeat DO NOT spray it over 1-shot, it will crinkle like crazy.
If you want the sign to not fade again, I would suggest using Ronan brand (colors similar to 1S but they do not fade) or try Novacolors latex based. No need for clear.
Good luck!
Love...Jill
1S used to make a brush-on UV clear with a white label, but I haven't used it for over 10 years.