• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Anyone have an older version of Flexi for sale?

cajunsignguy

My nephew (16 years old) has been showing some interest in the sign industry. So, I have decided to let him use my old plotter to mess around with. I am looking for an older version of Flexi to buy for him. If anyone has one lying around, please let me know.

Oh yeah, must I say it, I want a legit copy with a working key.

Thanks

iSign

I have Flexi basic, legal, w/key #334284
I use Flexi 8 now, which is a separate license, not upgraded from basic.

let me know what it's worth to ya!

P

ProWraps™

there are also a TON of other products out there that are legit and cheaper if you are looking for something for him to mess around with. you can even download graphtecs HPGL/GPGL driver from their site that is an illustrator plug in for free.

cajunsignguy

I would settle for as old as Flexi 6.6

isign, Flexi Basic has more tools than Flexi Starter doesnt it. If I remember right, it allows you to auto trace, shadow, weld, draw shapes other than a square. Also, which version is it.

I want him to learn some version of Flexi since that is what I use. If he comes to work for me when he starts college, he will already have a basic understanding of the program I use.

Flexi Starter is worthless (just my opinion).

iSign

I got it when I bought out a sign company's equipment & I just needed an extra plotter, but had Casmate to run it. I'm going from memory, but I think that key number will verify what it is. I called my SAi guy about it once... I'll look for the disc, or that email, or call him again.

P

ProWraps™

heh, i hate to say it but flexi X (insert version here) is worthless. we have flexi pro. and we use it to print. not even to cut. we open 8.5 and hit rip and print. thats it. everything else is done in either photoshop, illy, or corel. if you want to teach him the right way, then dont bother wasting his time on designing in flexi. teach him the real tools.

if you want it to run a printer or plotter than great. its a great tool to run a printer or plotter. but dont start him off wrong. the design interface sucks, and the color interface is garbage. trust me.

hell you can get signtools on ebay licensened version for like $100 or less. it will run a plotter. but what do you want to accomplish? running a plotter or learning how to design? flexi nor signtools will do it. they will cut and or print.

Charlie J

IMHO you'd be better off to have your nephew learn illustrator and go the route prowraps mentioned about using the graphtec plugin. Illustrator is a lot better design program.

Charlie J

heh, i hate to say it but flexi X (insert version here) is worthless. we have flexi pro. and we use it to print. not even to cut. we open 8.5 and hit rip and print. thats it. everything else is done in either photoshop, illy, or corel. if you want to teach him the right way, then dont bother wasting his time on designing in flexi. teach him the real tools.

if you want it to run a printer or plotter than great. its a great tool to run a printer or plotter. but dont start him off wrong. the design interface sucks, and the color interface is garbage. trust me.

+1

thewood

hell you can get signtools on ebay licensened version for like $100 or less. it will run a plotter. but what do you want to accomplish? running a plotter or learning how to design? flexi nor signtools will do it. they will cut and or print.

Flexi is a fine design program. The OP already knows this or he wouldn't be using it in his shop and inquiring about purchasing an additional copy of it.

If you deem Flexi worthless, then why are you trolling in this forum. The folks that frequent this forum use Flexi as a tool in their businesses--their livelihood. That's pretty arrogant to come in here and tell us our software sucks.

iSign

Flexi is a fine design program. The OP already knows this or he wouldn't be using it in his shop and inquiring about purchasing an additional copy of it.

If you deem Flexi worthless, then why are you trolling in this forum. The folks that frequent this forum use Flexi as a tool in their businesses--their livelihood. That's pretty arrogant to come in here and tell us our software sucks.

I agree with thewood...

Prowraps gets a little opinionated from time to time, which I am often guilty of myself...

...but one man's insufficient mastery of his tools, does not automatically indicate a deficiency in the tool.

Let's take a second opinion for example... Fred (the owner of this site) had praised Flexi with such high marks, it's been printed on their site & Fred is as honest as they come, plus he has spent close to 10 times longer in this industry than many of the newer crowd... so I'd have to give a little more weight to his take on the matter:

flexirocks.jpg

iSign

Hey isign, did you get in touch with your SAi guy yet?
My production manager had to fly off to a funeral last night & is out for as week. I'm trying to play catch up already to fly to Chicago for my mom's surgury, as well as some sign biz activities... but as you can imagine I am suddenly a lot busier.

How about you call them & ask about that key number I posted. I was on their site still, so here are some contact numbers:

World Headquarters

Address
1490 N. 2200 West, Suite 120
Salt Lake City, UT 84116

Phones
General: 801.478.1900 or 800.229.9066
North American Customer Service: 800.229.9068
North American Technical Support: 800.229.9044

Fax
General: 801.401.7234
Sales: 801.401.7846
North American Technical Support: 801.401.7840

Email
General: Info@SAintl.biz
Support: Esupport@SAintl.biz

Signguyno1

Try Dr.Cas
He has a version of Flexi 7.whatever.
He won't sell it to me!
Guess he did'nt like my demeaner, and I guess he thinks it's gold.:doh:
That's no problem, I did'nt like his demeaner, But we are are all brothers and sisters in a big world. I respect that, brother!

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
We should take this to another thread and hash it out - again....

wayne k

ps
Doug did you notice that out of the thousands of Flexi users they only listed 7 quotes from people who think it is worth the price they paid?
(and 2 of them are Fred):Cool 2:

I agree with thewood...

Prowraps gets a little opinionated from time to time, which I am often guilty of myself...

...but one man's insufficient mastery of his tools, does not automatically indicate a deficiency in the tool.

Let's take a second opinion for example... Fred (the owner of this site) had praised Flexi with such high marks, it's been printed on their site & Fred is as honest as they come, plus he has spent close to 10 times longer in this industry than many of the newer crowd... so I'd have to give a little more weight to his take on the matter:

flexirocks.jpg

iSign

People who can't make something worthwhile for themselves are hardly in a position to rate something when others find it to be a valuable tool. That's basic logic. If I can't speak Hawaiian... does it suck as a language just because I can't make it work?

It's the people who find value in it that have value to report. Without any of those people... maybe the voices of the nay-sayers would have merit... but since it works as advertised for so many of us... everyone else's opinion just seems like sour grapes.