• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

anyone here doing these wraps???

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
Looks like the stuff the Mad Wrapper was doing a while back but when I called to get more info it didnt seem like they knew what they were doing but maybe they have figured it out. It looks cool I think.

Fatboy

I am sure that in South Africa this will be illegal.No light fitted on your car unless a special service vehicle like taxi's buses and off course emergency vehicles.

speedmedia

Yeah looks the same type of deal as Luma-Brite. Ok concept but it is wicked expensive and very limited.

Is this version solar powered?

Thanks,
Kurt

MikePro

Madwrapper's working on patenting their process, which is basically a flexible epoxy resin that mounts the electroluminescant wire to the printed wrap material.
currently no distributors in NA for this stuff, but you can get it off ebay from asia, no problem.

anyone with knowledge of wiring leds to a portable powersupply (car battery) can do this with a little bit of ingenuity. just gotta decide if you're drilling holes into the car panel or just work into the design to have your wires coming out of seams.

Bigdawg

Just Me
Marlene - I saw either that or something like it at the Orlando show. Pretty cool stuff, but not sure about longevity... love to hear from someone with real world experience.

TeslaTech

I met these guys in Asheville last year, we got two small panels done by their actual sign company Emerald Wolf and have been very pleased. It was way cheaper than Luma/MadWrapper and they have continued to teach us and be so helpful as we've played around. They have also been happy to supply us with even small quantities. Ours have only been going for six months but are still just as bright as the day we got them. I think they are supposed to get dimmer after 2000-4000 hours depending on how bright you run them but never actually burn out. In our area the conventional "Neons" are illegal however this stuff is as as bright as 'accent lighting' and is considered fine by our city (except for red and blue). It's all about actual brightness. It looks WAY brighter than it really is. Even if your area does have regulations you can still park it by the highway and leave it overnight :)

G-Artist

Pat, I know AL is a bit strange as I drive through there quite often but can a city
actually amend the state motor vehicle code in your state?

kstompaint

There's no way you'll even get out of your driveway with that turned on in PA. "Ornamental lighting" is strictly prohibited. I know from experience. My fear is that, just as they do with window tint, the local Barney Fife's will target the shops that are installing something like this.

Intelyte

lighted vehicles, lighted wraps

We just started using this technology and have received tremendous positive feedback, especially with our first client featured in our first vide below.:U Rock: We used the EL wire from Luma Brite. They've become quite organized since they first launched this stuff.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFnZYKNOSWU

We also have the capabilities of using flat panel technology used in the below two video's. Feel free to share your thoughts....

we also have the ability to make this kind of stuff
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cLtdiZFogtk&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VbyinoVKCEk&feature=related

Last edited by a moderator: