• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Anyone in here bench pressing?

J

john1

Just wanted to stop in and see if anyone in here is into going to the gym and lifting weights.

I find it to be a true stress reliever and mood enhancer personally.

I'm down 48lbs as of Easter and I've lost another inch on my wait since then but haven't weighed in since then as I'm measuring since lifting heavy weight adds muscle weight.

I started out benching around 115lbs and now I'm up to 305 at our local Planet Fitness.

I look forward to hearing from everyone!

Attachments

• Photo May 16, 8 06 44 PM.jpg
    Photo May 16, 8 06 44 PM.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 79

Dan Antonelli

I used to be back in college. Was pretty obsessed with bench pressing actually. At my best, I pressed 270 while weighing 135#.

After college stopped lifting and have been racing bicycles competitively for last 10 years or so. Today I weigh 152. After college and not doing anything I was up to 185 before I dropped the weight with diet and picking up the cycling again (I used to ride a lot in high school, but got into lifting in college and not too much cycling).

305 is a lot!

J

john1

Nice Dan, That's alot of weight for your body weight. I'm a pretty big guy, I'm about 275 so anything more than what you weight is a great achievement.

I'm looking for a outdoor activity to get into so i may get into trail riding since there's a ton around my area. I have a friend who competes in bike racing on trails, the kind where your going down a rocky hill hitting jumps at crazy speeds and around burms lol

Letterbox Mike

Too busy to work out at the moment but we have a decent little gym set up here at the shop. My max bench last summer (when I was also still actively doing CrossFit) was 265, max squat was 345, deadlift was 445 and OHP was 155. I haven't touched a weight in about 2 months because I've been too busy to, but I did lay down on the bench last week for a couple reps just to see what happened. Nothing good, really, I squeezed out a few reps at 185 and it about killed me...

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I'm pretty sure I can bench the bar. What is that, 44 pounds? I haven't even attempted to bp since I was a senior in HS, 30 years ago.

Is that a 'Wet Bar' ??

Wow, talk about a long time ago................
In 10th and 11th grade for wrestling.... I got up to almost 300lbs. for one or two, but my lifting partner was up around 385lbs.

On the leg machine, I was doing 770lbs. Today, I can only go to about 650lbs.

OldPaint

dont remember what i benched, when i was lifting(66-67)but i could do a military press(what i called it, put the barbell on chest high rack, then step into it. slowly lift straight up then down behind my neck, then straight back up then set it back on the rack)i got up to 300 pound. 1 rep.

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
I can do burnouts with 315lbs, reps of 6 lol only 1 set though. I used to be able to throw up 375 4 times back in college, I can do 225 18 times which makes you feel really great the next day.