• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

anyone recommend non curl banner material?

we were quoted over $400 for a roll of 54" x 100 or 150 foot(can't remember now) from our supplier for non curl banner material to use in retractable banners.

thought that was kinda expensive so wanted to see what ya'll were using or would recommend. i do have a swatch here from rite-media and they have a silver backed non curl 7oz (9.6 mil display cloth stop lite) for use in retractable banners, but have never used rite-media materials before........anyone use this material?

thanks

HulkSmash

The best, most inexpensive, best quality stuff ive ever seen is from fellers.
That's saying a lot coming from me, i dislike fellers.
Look in their catalogue it's called PopUp

thanks guys.....yeah, not a huge fan of fellers myself, but use them every now and again if our usual suppliers can't get what we need fast enough.

will look into both suggestions............gotta be cheaper than what i was quoted from my normal supplier!!

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Another vote for Popup from Fellers..... stuff is cheap, works and prints great.

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
I sell a great solution, its an 11 Mil Satin Blockout Film and the cost is only $0.50 a sq.ft so 50"x100' is only $208.00 a roll.

CanuckSigns

I've used the rite media product before, nothing but issues! you have to babysit the printer while it's printing or else it gets sucked into the machine via the pinch rollers!

thanks guys, we were talking with fellers this morning about some stuff.....advantage also do a product that seems ok and fairly inexpensive.

thanks bigfish, were looking around to see what we may need and had thought about blockout so thats something we actually may consider. what would be the shipping to 27526 ??

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
thanks guys, we were talking with fellers this morning about some stuff.....advantage also do a product that seems ok and fairly inexpensive.

thanks bigfish, were looking around to see what we may need and had thought about blockout so thats something we actually may consider. what would be the shipping to 27526 ??

Its about $30 for shipping to that area.

dsmskyline

We have done quite a few retractable banners using regular 13oz gloss or matte banner material. Never had an issue.

The gloss and matte banner we use has a very fine scrim so it looks good. Im actually running the prints for 6 retractables right now!

If we aren't using banner material we use the matte canvas, just depends on what the customer wants.

CS-SignSupply-TT

Edge curl?

We have done quite a few retractable banners using regular 13oz gloss or matte banner material. Never had an issue.

The gloss and matte banner we use has a very fine scrim so it looks good. Im actually running the prints for 6 retractables right now!

If we aren't using banner material we use the matte canvas, just depends on what the customer wants.

dsmskyline, what do you do to prevent "edge curl'?

Spud Murphy

On recommendation of a member on this forum I tested LG-XSIGN and was satisfied with it being a true no-curl. However, it is a smooth brittle fabric, prints sharp and will work great for pop ups, but not the neatest finishing for hemmed banners.

HoffmanCreative

anyone here using Fellers Popup on HP latex?

newbie, here :) I know this thread is pretty old, but I did my best to search for "non curl bannerstand material" and still got 40 pages of results. This one seemed to talk most about the Fellers Popup material I'm wondering about in the 16 or so pages I worked through so far...

We have two HP latex machines, and have moved away from Pospro to using Hydrosolv for our retractables. But we're still seeing some edge curl after a year +. Also the edges are pretty easy to scratch when clients are opening/retracting them in and out if we've got heavy coverage all the way up to the edge (which everyone wants, almost all the time). Anybody using the Fellers Popup stuff on their HP latex machines, and how does it handle these two problems specifically (curl over time and scratching)?

Thanks!

rjssigns

We have a client that brings us an Arlon satin finish banner for pop-ups. We do quite a few and the material prints beautifully and lays super flat. Can't recall the P/N though.
(yes I know the whole deal with client supplied material, but in this instance it works well for both of us)

CS-SignSupply-TT

ANTI CURL from CS SIGN SUPPLY

we were quoted over $400 for a roll of 54" x 100 or 150 foot(can't remember now) from our supplier for non curl banner material to use in retractable banners.

thought that was kinda expensive so wanted to see what ya'll were using or would recommend. i do have a swatch here from rite-media and they have a silver backed non curl 7oz (9.6 mil display cloth stop lite) for use in retractable banners, but have never used rite-media materials before........anyone use this material?

thanks

We have the 13oz. PET Scrimless Blockout, gray back 39" x 150ft/$266, as well as 15oz. PET Scrimless Blockout, double sided 39" x150ft/$293 and 54" x 150ft/$406. Please let me know if you need a sample.