• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Arching A Logo

GmanDesign

A customer provided me with an EPS of their logo. He wants me to cut it into windshield banners. How would I go about arching the logo to fit the curve of the windshield??

Circleville Signs

Do a search - someone posted an EXCELLENT tutorial on how to do this.

However, you are going to need to measure the windshield to get the correct curve.

Gary

omgsideburns

from http://www.signs101.com/content/tips_tricks/
Windshield%20Arc.jpg

Circleville Signs

i do not need to know you to do the measurement for the arch that i have already. i need to know how to actully make the arch in the progrma.

You need to phrase your questions better then.

What software are you using? What is the overall width of the windshield? What is the Draw?

Help us help you.

Gary

JR's

G-man, you are coming across like a Butthead. So slow your roll.

What kind of program are you using?

I use signlab and in that program there is a distortion module that you could use. Just like in post # 4

If you're not using signlab it could be very different.

JR

JR's

It just sounded like you were demanding help.

Hopefully someone is reading this that has flexi 7.5 .

JR

Pat Whatley

customer told me he wants the logo 36" in lenght and to arch down slightly.

...and four different people have given you answers and all you can say is that there aren't enough options to do what you want.

Hey, butthead, WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU TRYING TO DO? How in the hell can you expect to get an answer when you don't offer enough information to actually ask the damn question? I very, very rarely find a distortion or effect I can't accomplish in Flexi, so I'm guessing either you're doing something wrong or what you want can't be done....but that's just guessing because obviously you don't know either.

signguy 55

I use Flexi 7.5. Under effects / distortion click on polygon shape to get you to distortion menu. There are about 15 different effects, each effect has a submenu with additional options. Once you get to the effect you want just click on the boundary box points to adjust the effect you want.

Personally I do it both ways, either a slight upper arc distortion or just cut the individual letters apart as I'm apply the lettering to follow the curve of the windshield. No one gonna pay attention to it anyway.

Signs4Realtors

GMAN,
Open the .eps file your customer gave you, save it as a .jpeg and upload it to Signs101 so we can see what type of logo you are trying to arch (click on the paperclip icon to upload the .jpeg file).

If you are going to arch a logo across a windshield, you need to make sure the logo is proportionate to the area you are applying it to. So if the windshield area is 4" tall by the 48" wide windshield, I hope the logo you are trying to arch is 1:12 ratio and not a square logo? If you post a picture of the logo, then we can try to help.
:thumb:

GmanDesign

i hope this helps

the first is the logo

the second is what he wants at 36" in length by proportional height

the third is a screen shot of what i was doing with the distort option

Attachments

• tst_logo.jpg
    tst_logo.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 86
  • tst_photo.jpg
    tst_photo.jpg