• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Are suppliers so darn busy they can not ship orders right away?

royster13

I placed an order from a merchant member on Mar 08 11....I guess they are "swamped" and could not process my order until today....And not so much as an email to say we are "swamped" and order shipment will be delayed....

Another thing that happened was that this was a PayPal payment funded from my Visa card.....Apparently the merchant only has 48 hours to capture the funds or the authorization is "toast"....

So today they process the order and attempt to capture the funds but because the authorization is no good to them anymore but still pending on my Visa there are no funds available.....I purposely keep this Visa card balance low so no one can go crazy with my PayPal account...

So now I have to wait until the pre-authorization clears or until I put more funds into the card....Either will take a couple days (or maybe longer) so my order is further delayed....

stoliker

I have a couple suppliers that have pulled this on me. Now when I place any order I ask when will this ship. If the answer is not today or tommorrow on anything that should be stock, then I cancel the order. There are to many good suppliers who understand when we order, we need it.

WildWestDesigns

I think some are just skittish on having too much inventory at a given time. Particularly since there isn't any recent history of quick turnover for most businesses given the current state of things.

royster13

Jim what is the deal on free shipping?....I have seen a few references to it here on Signs 101 but there is nothing on your web site...

Jim Doggett

Hi Royster13,

I am sorry to say I don't know. Our sales and product management folks cook up deals from time to time that are outside the purview of we marketing ilk. But if you call sales at 800 699 5512 or send email to sales@signwarehouse.com I am sure they'll know what's up with current specials.

Also, signing up for weekly email deals is a good idea. You can do it from our home page: www.signwarehouse.com.

Best,
Jim

AUTO-FX

What bothers me is when a supplier you use regularly fails to stock what you always order...especially when you are clearly trying to build a relationship with said supplier.

(not you guys, Jim, a local branch of another major outfit)

Craig Sjoquist

I've run across can not ship because suppliers needs to order set dollar amount and it takes a period of time to do that.
Course the Government taxes inventory, another reason for the Fair Tax system and no income tax....suppliers would have a better controlled inventory, and us that sell would be able to turn over smoother.