• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Are vehicle wraps in decline?

fastmax

the customer is wrong

i think your very right about this, there are such thing as **** shops but ultimately you have customers that actually resist good design as if it somehow makes the vehicle or company less their own.

i was trying to wrap a small box truck for a family member and he was married to this ****ty font he found on microsoft word and a gradiant backround he "made". Some people have grown there businesses to a certain level by micromanaging labor and cant get past the idea that they are not the smartest person in the room anymore in regards to design

ol'phart

Where will wraps end up?

We have the technology to cover every square inch of a vehicle with marketing but just because we can doesn't mean we should. The golden rule in Vehicle lettering is to convey who you are and what you do attractively in about 2 seconds because that's the average amount of time a person is going to spend looking at your vehicle when it's on the road. That being said, I can count on one hand the number of vehicle wraps I have ever seen that meet the criteria. Basic design work will always be more effective than all the visual noise most wraps make.

rjssigns

My 2 cents. If you live in an area where folks aren't willing to pay for a wrap no marketing/design in the world will change their mind. Another thing is population/business density. Far more "willing" buyers when you have millions of people and thousands of businesses in close proximity to your shop. It then becomes a numbers game.

p.s. I'm not whining or b!tch!n' it is what I see and have studied.