• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Aussie vehicle outlines

sullosau

Anyone know of any Australian Vehicle outlines?
Ive tried Mr Clipart and purchased a couple there, which have been good but no later model holdens or fords like XR8's and S Commodore utes, makes it even harder when customer vehicle has body kits on it!
Main problem Im having is the door trims etc are in wrong places and trying to reinvent the artwork is REALLY time consuming, lol be a lot easier if I was in the states, can get just about anything for those vehicles.
And to the US readers, we dont have a lot of cars trucks yo uguys have, plus we have ones you guys dont have!, Very frustrating!

any ideas or direction would be most appreciated.

thanks before I remove my remaining receeding hairline

TIA

Steve

Ian Stewart-Koster

Older Greyer Brushie
Sorry Steve, I've had to do the photo way also- years ago I had a few outlines on cd, but they were never of the cars I needed! I have not bought any since- just photograph the car, with a bit of mag rubber strip stuck to it as a size reference- say 1 metre long.

andy

Most vehicles are the same world wide- you might have some luck with UK templates- all Japanese cars should be the same the world over and Ford/ Vauxhall run the same vehicles with different names.

What are you looking for most- cars or vans? If it's cars standard UK templates should work fine. The vans are mainly European makes- Fiat, Peugot, Renault but you have Nissan, Toyota, Ford and Vauxhall (GM UK).

sullosau

Thanks Ian, thats what Ive resorted too!

Andy, what Im after is Ford XR8 Ute (ute is an aussie wword for utility vehicle) example > http://www.mr-clipart.com/int/anzeigen.php?mod=238&BJ=0&seite=1&Anzahl=16&x=34&y=5
The XR8 is a "performance model with body kits etc, right where client wants graphics to go! and the SS Holden ute is different to the standard one again whereas the door trims and side shirts are very different.
We just need more stuff downunder!! When I lived in LA and OH in 2002 I never saw an Aussie ute or aluminium tray ute, only pickups and light trucks!
I shall persevere :)
Thanks for the replies guys

Dave Drane

Fastcars- A library of Australian and N.Z. commercial vehicles drawings. is what you are looking for Steve.
PhoneCool Change products
P.O. Box62 Blackburn, Victoria 3130
Ph (03) 9877 1118