• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Avery ez rs

COOKY

Has anyone else out there noticed a change in the adhesive on easy apply since they changed the code to ltr easy apply. Different colour grey. More aggressive and the air release does not work as well.

ucmj22

We just started using it last month, gone through about 5 rolls and they have all been the same.

formanek

Has anyone else out there noticed a change in the adhesive on easy apply since they changed the code to ltr easy apply. Different colour grey. More aggressive and the air release does not work as well.

I have been using it for more than 14 months. My ideas would be...

1. Check your supplier to see if you are getting older product
2. Most likely it has more to due with the ambient temperature and/or humidity you are working in. My shop at 73 degree conditioned air makes the EZ well.... easy. When having to work outside in higher temperatures it makes the tack very aggressive. So much so that when it sticks to itself it is very hard to get released.

:thumb:

HulkSmash

Hey Colorado. I know you use a lot of this product too and enjoy it. Any chance you could see what is written on your roll label to see what the description is. I have gone from loving this product to hating it.

Thanks If you can help

Sure ill check it out in the morning. I ordered a buncha rolls a few weeks ago. Still the same stuff.

HulkSmash

One thing i did notice about the Avery, it does take a bit longer to dry, then the 3M. If not the laminate will peal away from the vinyl.

COOKY

Nah definately not ink heavy. Did full black panels last week with the old roll and no probs. This file is a chequred flag with grey and white checkers. Got two panels out of the old roll and went on like a dream. Now into the new roll and aggressive and bubbles that wont come out. I use a climate controlled install bay so temp is not an issue and outgassed for three days. I have used heaps of this product in the past with no problems at all. Sometimes on rush jobs for a race team have even applied just a few hours after printing and still no prob. ( I know you are not meant to) Can wrap a car in it in a day with ease.

Not old stock from supplier as they were out of stock last week and awaiting a new shipment so its brand new and as I said, It has a new code on it compared to the old one.

Thanks

ProWraps

its a BEAR to remove the avery. good god. any thought of that stuff failing is sure eliminated. its pretty amazing for a vinyl that doesnt like to stick when you apply it.

jasonx

You've been sent the old 1005 FLEET which is now MPI 1005 SC LTR your vinyl I'm guessing doesn't have the hatch pattern on the adhesive side?

The face films are the same so they will print and look the same but you won't get bubble free or slide ability.

You want the MPI 1005 SC EARS film.

jasonx

Took a photo for you.

The one with the hole is LTR hasn't got bubble free (old 1005 FLEET).

The one on the right is EARS has the bubble free.

You can see the difference in the colour.

Attachments

• vinyl.jpg
    vinyl.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 110

jasonx

Cheers CG.

Products are

Avery® MPI 1005 SC Easy Apply RS™* Gloss White Supercast with Easy Apply RS™ Technology

and

Avery ® MPI 1005 SC Gloss Opaque LTR Gloss White Supercast with Long Term Removability

I always get the codes mixed up :)

COOKY

Yeah I'm hearing you. Been through that prob before. This is gloss ltr ez rs. Straight off the box. Apparently a new code. Adhesive colour is def different and does have an air egress

COOKY

Took a photo for you.

The one with the hole is LTR hasn't got bubble free (old 1005 FLEET).

The one on the right is EARS has the bubble free.

You can see the difference in the colour.

Thanks for taking the time to post the pics. Appreciate your help