• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Avery Failures Return

Joe House

Been laminating Avery 1105 (?) with Avery 1360Z for quite a while now with zero issues.
This proves the point, I think. Avery made a minor change to their 1005 vinyl and gave it a new number - 1105. If they made that drastic of a change to their flagship product, they would be advertising all over the place and give it a new product number.

ams

Whoa!
I didn't accuse you of anything. I asked "Are you sure" of your claims...and was giving you a heads up on the power of your claims and what could happen if they weren't true. Especially since this forum is crawling with reps and very active customer bases of the very products under discussion.
I didn't call you any names, or even use negative language toward you.
I like to stick to FACTS...not emotions and that's what my response was about. Facts vs Emotions when making claims about product claims.
You didn't say that a "rep told you those things" initially...so how could we know this?

Didn't accuse? What do you call this: "Even if I didn't like a product, I wouldn't make fact statements about their production unless it was true."

ams

Just because you trumpify your statement doesn't mean it's true. Was it a rep or a tech? Both, sure. [HASHTAG]#FakeNews[/HASHTAG]

If they were talking about color change material (SW900), sure. You don't have to laminate color change besides chromes. Your statement sounds pretty ridiculous either way you put it without naming the product to verify.

Especially when you call someone a "sad sad man" for asking 'huh?' for making such an ignorant, unspecific comment to THE forum of people who care and should have accurate information when it comes to these products.

What material did you specifically ask about?

It was Avery corporate, their main office. Not a vendor. Because I like to go to the source. But go and fail with your signs, I am not taking your crap.

ams

Also I believe it was the MPI 2050. The only product I've seen do it by Avery. It was the translucent film.

Kentucky Wraps

Kentucky Wraps
Didn't accuse? What do you call this: "Even if I didn't like a product, I wouldn't make fact statements about their production unless it was true."

Dude, here's the problem,
Your statement was....Quote: "Just remember that Avery is now top coating their materials and you cannot laminate them anymore."

• You didn't specify what film it was, you just said "their materials" plural.
• You stated you "cannot laminate them anymore" referring to "their materials".
• You didn't reference where you got that information.
• You just stated it as a fact that we all should "just remember".
• All of this goes against the entire industry standard of how the print/laminate process works for the Wrap Industry...which we all are in tune with in this Wraps Forum.

So forgive me for saying "I wouldn't make fact statements about their production unless it was true." (Which is NOT an accusation, it is saying I wouldn't do it unless it were true.)

Now come to find out...IT WAS NOT TRUE!!!

You now say it was only on MPI2050 which isn't even a freaking WRAP FILM, it's for Backlit Signage. This is the WRAPS Forum.

So yeah, I'd send you a cease and desist letter if I were Avery and saw you making statements like this and attributing them to their Corporate Office and applying it to "Their materials".

Now I am accusing you...of disseminating false information.

Kentucky Wraps

Kentucky Wraps
You can make it right by going into your statement and "Edit" it and add the corrections so we all know what you are talking about.

Johnny Best

Dude, here's the problem,
Your statement was....Quote: "Just remember that Avery is now top coating their materials and you cannot laminate them anymore."

• You didn't specify what film it was, you just said "their materials" plural.
• You stated you "cannot laminate them anymore" referring to "their materials".
• You didn't reference where you got that information.
• You just stated it as a fact that we all should "just remember".
• All of this goes against the entire industry standard of how the print/laminate process works for the Wrap Industry...which we all are in tune with in this Wraps Forum.

So forgive me for saying "I wouldn't make fact statements about their production unless it was true." (Which is NOT an accusation, it is saying I wouldn't do it unless it were true.)

Now come to find out...IT WAS NOT TRUE!!!

You now say it was only on MPI2050 which isn't even a freaking WRAP FILM, it's for Backlit Signage. This is the WRAPS Forum.

So yeah, I'd send you a cease and desist letter if I were Avery and saw you making statements like this and attributing them to their Corporate Office and applying it to "Their materials".

Now I am accusing you...of disseminating false information.

Now ams has to take your crap.

EatSleepWrapLLC

Just curious, a year later after this was initially posted, aside from the popcorn eating fight... what are the reviews on Avery's print products (1105) or Color change (sw900) products now? I see mixed reviews. Has anyone seen improvements, or quality changes? How are some of those wraps you did back then looking now?

From an installer's point of view I haven't been happy with 3M's ij180 because of adhesive lines or bubbles that are uncurable (hope you all know the issue I'm talking about and don't have to explain) and the over aggressive tack, non reposition-ability that it's supposed to have. I've done a few install projects with avery commercial 1005/1105 and like it other than having to cut it at the bottom of the vehicle (you need the sharpest blades in the world, or x-acto blades). I still rather use ij180 on box trucks, GMC Savannah/Ford E Series and the likes, but prefer avery on a sedan car wrap.

Back in September I did a color change wrap for a customer with avery sw900 and had indescribable problems underneath the vinyl on the adhesive side, lines and adhesive lines breakdown down?, having to pull the whole wrap off because it honestly looked like shit, similar to the problems I have after installing 3m ij180. replaced a few panels for the customer with 3M 1080 carbon fiber and he was more than happy with the outcome and my skills, blaming it on avery's product but I still lost out so hard on a few days of labor/install only to pull it off because of bad vinyl. I sent the vinyl in for testing through my distributor of that order, and actually just got a message they have an update on it recently, I'm just hesitant to call back because I don't want to get heated over the situation again.

So now I've been skeptical ever since about trying to push either brand for color change wraps or commercial print wraps. It's made me want to run away from Wrapping or pushing sales for myself because I don't have full faith behind either of them more than the other and I want peace of mind for myself and my customers.

ams

You can make it right by going into your statement and "Edit" it and add the corrections so we all know what you are talking about.

No thanks I'll leave it as it's a fact and not false. Avery top coats their translucent vinyl. I rarely ever use an Avery product so I don't know what else they top coat.

Kentucky Wraps

Kentucky Wraps
No thanks I'll leave it as it's a fact and not false. Avery top coats their translucent vinyl. I rarely ever use an Avery product so I don't know what else they top coat.

Ok, I pointed out that this was a discussion about Cast Wrap Vinyl in this "Wrap" forum and you made a blanket statement that Avery now topcoats their products and you can't laminate them. That statement is FALSE if it only applies to ONE product that isn't even applicable to this Forum or Thread. You made a false claim and now PRIDE is keeping you from correcting your mistake.