• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Baathroom remodel

OldPaint

dont remember if i posted this here. started it in AUG)))) and what a mess. was the typical we need to do this, BUT ONCE we got it demo'ed a whole bunch more things needed to be fixed. bathroom is 7' X 8'. got the old 4" concrete floor out, the 4' of tile on the walls, that was put there not with sheet rock but more like a STUCCO with wire, mud, and stick the tiles to it((( filled up a 6 yard dumpster. now i saw the water damage to all the structural joists. AND it went another 2 feet into the next room, the kitchen!!!!! so i started with rebuilding the kitchen joists ....from inside the bathroom. the wall between then was also rotted so i had to cut away 8" if it and the wall studs 2 x6's. the under the sink was a total rot away, had to rebuild that. tops of the joist were rotted so i scabbed new ones to it with bolts and liguid nails!!!!!! then i got to do the all new joist in the bathroom.....not only they was rotted but they cut a 2 x 8 joist down to 2 x4, laid plywood on it and poured the concrete on them((( total weight bout 2200 POUNDS on 2 X 4's!!!! this is a pic of when i got it down to the all the rot, and couple days ago. working toward a 42" x 80" curbless walk in shower....
1 pic is all the new wood, from the bathroom side and the kitchen side. under the sink all new... and the last pic is what iam gona have when finished......

Attachments

• bathkitchen.jpg
    bathkitchen.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 65
  • 001s.jpg
    001s.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 67
  • 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    165.7 KB · Views: 79
  • AUG2014.jpg
    AUG2014.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 67
  • winter2014 070.jpg
    winter2014 070.jpg
    168.5 KB · Views: 67
  • curbless.jpg
    curbless.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 68

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Looking good so far. :thumb: You're kinda lucky, ya never fell through while taking a shower or a hefty dump. What made you decide to do this venture ?? Were there some indications of fatigue or you just had a feeling ??

rjssigns

Wow what a mess! Water damage is the worst. Of course contractors that don't give a rat's a$$ run a close second.

OldPaint

as for CONTRACTORS........I AM IT!!!! most all has been done by me or some hired help. the original shower, 32" x 32" all tiled in the far back right corner, had a crack between the floor and the wall, bout a 1/4 -1/2" all the way on both back walls. about 6 months before we ripped it out, the old cast iron sewer line plugged up and had to replace 35' of it. so as usual when the plumber got under there(hes a friend, been doing his signs/vehicles for 10 years)it wont be long for the rest of it, especially the front bathroom. couple that with the the house is 1961 build, still had the original galvanized water pipes, he said they aint far from a major disaster. wife did a refi, we got $8k to work with. so after the sewer line $275.00, we asked the plumber to remove and reinstall new water lines. all PEX now, $2200.00. couple of the galvanized lines.....he just broke em in half, they was that bad. hes gona do the new sewer lines for this bathroom, i bought a PEX crimper.....so i can do the incoming water lines to sink/shower/comode as i install them. i got a shower kit 48" x 48" dur roc. http://www.homedepot.com/p/DUROCK-48-in-x-48-in-Shower-Kit-with-Center-Drain-170132/205339085 has a tapered base, water proof memebrane and shower drain..for $300.00. goan put up some KEDI BOARD on the brick wall, so no moisture will came in from the brick. some insulation behind the comode and all new blue board on the walls. and tile. THEN WE GOT TO new floor the kitchen/dinning room, new counter tops and sink)))) in the process of all this, it also became apparent the old 100 AMP circuit box.....had no more room in it and was not able to put GFI wired receptacles, which the bathroom HAS TO HAVE. also the electric box position was open on the back side(with the bathroom wall gone)so now would be the time for 200 AMP 30 breaker up to date circuit box.
$200.00. as these show.....

Attachments

• DSCF0383.JPG
    DSCF0383.JPG
    31.8 KB · Views: 62
  • DSCF0384.JPG
    DSCF0384.JPG
    40.9 KB · Views: 64
  • DSCF0387.JPG
    DSCF0387.JPG
    60.7 KB · Views: 63
  • DSCF0388.JPG
    DSCF0388.JPG
    20.6 KB · Views: 57

OldPaint

10 years later...........

I GOT THE RAMP INTO THE GARAGE/SHOP POURED!!!!!!!!! built the garage/shop in 2005)))))
while i was at it, i added a 10' X 22' extension pad to the side of the shop.......plan to close it in as iam able to pay for materials.

Attachments

• 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    89.7 KB · Views: 68
  • 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    149.4 KB · Views: 57
  • 005.JPG
    005.JPG
    88.3 KB · Views: 73