• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Back-ordered materials- what are you having trouble finding?

signage

I haven't done a rush orders without materials on hand for a long time, if I couldn't have it picked up locally I refused to do them. Always seemed to be some type of issue either having to work late to get them done or something didn't arrive on time! IF you can't plan accordingly don't expect me to rush to get it done!

Geneva Olson

Expert Storyteller
AlphaBroder told me their shirts would be back up in stock in September. I don't see it. Arlon 3170 is my favorite cast laminate and it's not around. Apparently I bought the last 2 rolls of banner material in all of North America a few weeks ago (At GSG).
I keep being told that the vinyl is all on shipping containers in the middle of the ocean. Is that what ya'll keep being told?

Well, shirts, it's a little different scenario. Gildan cut and sew plants in Nicaragua and Honduras were wiped out by Hurricanes last December.

OH, I did venture out to buy a new plotter...ROLAND GX2 540...won't get here until December. So I might be changing my order around. Not sure what will happen with it.

jfiscus

Rap Master
Just ran into an issue procuring cast window perf material. Going with 3 year warranted calendered for now. :(

CreativeCreative

IJ35 is nowhere to be found here. I know 3M had a few issues not too long ago, plus I'm sure supply chain woes like everyone else.
Probably 30 days out, but no one really knows.

jfiscus

Rap Master
Starting to see sheet goods materials not showing up. (polymetal/PVC)
We ordered quite a bit and got like 2/3 of it and no info on when the rest is coming.

Tatonka

ij180mC-10Ur is my problem right now. Placed an order 2 months ago and there's no ETA. I have a couple of products I use that for specifically, and I'm down to my last little bit. Going to have to pull those from our site I think.

Zoogee World

Domed Promotional Product Supplier
We've been lucky, we only hit our first supply chain issue last week with our epoxy supplier, seems as though they are having a hard time getting their raw materials to make their products. Hopefully it starts to get better, as this is the life blood of our business and if we can't get it, might mean going out of business.

jfiscus

Rap Master
ij180mC-10Ur is my problem right now. Placed an order 2 months ago and there's no ETA. I have a couple of products I use that for specifically, and I'm down to my last little bit. Going to have to pull those from our site I think.
Can you use 3MIJ46-20-54? We have also been waiting for the UR for a few months and switched over to this for now.

ringocat22

I've got a customer looking for 4 yards of 3M 2080-M209 matte brown metallic wrap vinyl. It's the only color that matches the wheels on his car and he wants me to do hood/roof/deck stripes for him. I told him it might be next spring before we can find that. I've also been on the lookout for dark green 1-Shot lettering enamel. It's been on backorder since July with Harbor.

Zendavor Signs

Mmmmm....signs
I've got a customer looking for 4 yards of 3M 2080-M209 matte brown metallic wrap vinyl. It's the only color that matches the wheels on his car and he wants me to do hood/roof/deck stripes for him. I told him it might be next spring before we can find that. I've also been on the lookout for dark green 1-Shot lettering enamel. It's been on backorder since July with Harbor.
Wensco has this available
1633482406187.png

rjssigns

So far I've been able to get the things I need but it's taking longer each time. Wrap kits are no longer kits. Vinyl from one spot, laminate from another. My last order came from four different warehouses and took almost a week. Not that long ago I could order before noon and have everything next day. Welcome to the new "normal".