• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

back slitting paper backing

MichaelAlmand

Hey Guys is there a tool I can buy that back splits the backing paper for decals. I am printing a bunch of decals and they want the backing split for easier application. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
Mike

The Big Squeegee

Long Time Member
You can use the tool holder from a plotter for this. Some people use a box knife but that is pretty touchy. There are other creative things you can do. It will depend on the volume that you want to do.

If you have a lot to do, it is best to order them slit from stouse.com

JERHEMI

I have one of these. Whether it makes a perfect slice is all about technique and the angle you drag it across the back of the decal. Kind of a pain in the butt to be consistent though for quantites of decals. It's about the size of a Zippo lighter, probably a little smaller. It's awkward and you have to hold it with your thumb and your index finger and drag it almost like you hold a knife as you cut a steak. Does it work? Yes. Is it the perfect solution? No. Do I recommend it? Sure.