• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Bad Logo Help

acothran

Here is an unfortunate logo that I am supposed to use to work miracles. This logo was "designed" by the business owner's wife who hand sketched it. A friend of mine (who is a respected designer) vectorized the logo and designed their business cards, which we printed. She now wants the logo on their new Flame Blue truck but she said it looks "scrutched" and the font is too small. She also said she might want to see some green in the logo. I'm now supposed to make subtle changes (she "loves" the overall logo) so it works better on the truck. I'm clueless on this. I can't just tell her the logo sucks and I don't even know where to start to try to make it better. I've tried some things and am just drawing blanks. Below is the logo on white, as it appears on the business card and also the logo on blue. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks,
Allen

Attachments

• PRO TOUCH.png
    PRO TOUCH.png
    134.2 KB · Views: 171
  • Pro Touch Blue.png
    Pro Touch Blue.png
    109.3 KB · Views: 94

acothran

Here was one thing I tried on the blue. I changed the font to not appear so "scrutched", changed the wall to white (she asked to see that), and changed the leaves to green (per her request).

Allen

Attachments

• Pro Touch 2.jpg
    Pro Touch 2.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 155

SignManiac

It's a bad logo to begin with. There's very little you can do to make it better, unless they start all over.

Pat Whatley

The font you changed it to is horrible and NEVER use and italic font on an arc like that.

Other than that you're stuck, that logo is killing them.

OldPaint

IF....... you are a skilled designer, you can take that and without getting them ticked off cause you cant fix that.............GIVE THEM SOMETHING to look at that will make them say WOW......NOW THAT IS AWESOME..........at that point her artwork, and how much she likes it will go away.................and you will now be "da man."

acothran

I agree with you all and am just clueless as to how to work with this thing. I could strangle my friend for vectorizing her sketch. He suggested they change it but there was this whole story about her inspiration for the logo (i.e. may have come to her in a dream) and the sentimental value. He used it, whipped up a business card, got paid, and now I'm stuck with it. You can't make this crap up.

Allen

Justin

I would ask them if they realize the leafs on their logo is marijuana leafs... They might let you do a new logo when they realize that..

RobbyMac

obviously it needs some playing with... but heres an idea to encapsulate the hands to allow for putting on different colors

Attachments

• pro touch.jpg
    pro touch.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 117

visual800

stop putting hands on it, they are horrible and take away from the logo, trash the hands, the pot plant and the Lowes landscape rocks, lets do away with it all and start over. My god I cannot see right now!

acothran

I would ask them if they realize the leafs on their logo is marijuana leafs... They might let you do a new logo when they realize that..

It's a Japanese Maple tree. Yes, the leaves look similar but I've never seen a pot tree.

Allen

Attachments

• 128705522772170757.jpeg
    128705522772170757.jpeg
    20 KB · Views: 114

acothran

stop putting hands on it, they are horrible and take away from the logo, trash the hands, the pot plant and the Lowes landscape rocks, lets do away with it all and start over. My god I cannot see right now!

I understand and don't disagree....however....this woman is hard to deal with and said on the phone that she is OCD. This logo is her "baby" and she had an idea hands holding a retaining wall with a Japanese Maple. I'm trying to find a way to change the type (her request) and make it work on a blue truck.

Allen

visual800

ive been there and with kid gloves they MAY be converted to listen to better ideas. When you have a customer that creates their own they feel as though they own it but they have no idea how it will translate on vehicles or signage.

All I can say is lay some stuff out and compare sided by side, seeing is believing. if they wish to stay with what they did recreate it, do the work get paid and DO NOT put it in the portfolio!

lexsigns

ive been there and with kid gloves they MAY be converted to listen to better ideas. When you have a customer that creates their own they feel as though they own it but they have no idea how it will translate on vehicles or signage.

All I can say is lay some stuff out and compare sided by side, seeing is believing. if they wish to stay with what they did recreate it, do the work get paid and DO NOT put it in the portfolio!

GOOG GAWD!! Its horrible! Take visuals advise...we all have been there- take the money and run and be sure to charge extra for ugliness, deny it if anyone asks..

lexsigns

Oh I also give them the well it's great but may not work on a "moving vehicle" It gets very tricky etc etc ect... If it doesnt fly at least you tried