• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Banners on pylon sign

Pitzu

In the past we always had a problem with large banners, being ripped by the wind, especially in the grommet area. At that time our alpinists suggested that we make the banners a little bit larger so they can pull the grommets behind the metallic frame, reinforcing the banners. It worked very well.
Now we use PVC coated polyester webbing. We create a hem by welding a PVC coated polyester webbing and then we fold it and weld it again. After that we install the grommets.
For large banners I always use at least 15oz banner.

Last edited:

Johnny Best

So, what nationality is he ??

He's Ukrainian, a friend of Paul Manafort. Bring in Russian girls and put them up in the hotel until they found husbands for them. After Manafort got in trouble and FBI investigation business went downhill quick.
Now he just catches up on American TV shows he never saw as a kid, RinTinTin, Brady Bunch, Wanted Dead or Alive and all Culture Club videos on MTV.

equippaint

He's Ukrainian, a friend of Paul Manafort. Bring in Russian girls and put them up in the hotel until they found husbands for them. After Manafort got in trouble and FBI investigation business went downhill quick.
Now he just catches up on American TV shows he never saw as a kid, RinTinTin, Brady Bunch, Wanted Dead or Alive and all Culture Club videos on MTV.
Did they condemn the rooms because of too many pee pee stains on the mattresses? Bet this is the summer white house.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
We have 6 or 7 of these kind of 50s & 60s era hotels in a town I work in, that effectively make up our "skid row". The new mayor forced the police to be up their asses lately and finally one of them went out of business. It was so bad that even homeless drug addicts didn't want to stay at this particular motel for $25/night. One of the adjacent property owners bought the failed hotel and is planning on tearing it down after the asbestos abatement. They much rather a vacant lot then that crap hole there... 1 down 6 to-go.

BTW, you would love their sign... It's been like this for almost 5 years and no one tried to fix it...
https://www.google.com/maps/@32.504...4!1sPXdrL_1mUBGAi7BemCRJ_A!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

Now that it shut down, Guess we'll have to find another location for Gino's party. Globe Inn is right down the road, maybe we can move it there?

Last edited:

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
We have 6 or 7 of these kind of 50s & 60s era hotels in a town I work in, that effectively make up our "skid row". The new mayor forced the police to be up their asses lately and finally one of them went out of business. It was so bad that even homeless drug addicts didn't want to stay at this particular motel for $25/night. One of the adjacent property owners bought the failed hotel and is planning on tearing it down after the asbestos abatement. They much rather a vacant lot then that crap hole there... 1 down 6 to-go.

BTW, you would love their sign... It's been like this for almost 5 years and no one tried to fix it...
https://www.google.com/maps/@32.504...4!1sPXdrL_1mUBGAi7BemCRJ_A!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

Near me, they just make them cool again...
https://www.theguardian.com/travel/...hotels-palm-springs-california-modernism-week

Gino

Premium Subscriber

https://www.google.com/maps/@32.5040647,-94.707902,3a,75y,252.99h,93.34t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sPXdrL_1mUBGAi7BemCRJ_A!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

Now that it shut down,
Guess we'll have to find another location for Gino's party. Globe Inn is right down the road, maybe we can move it there?

Now, I'm sad. I was so looking forward to it, but not in Texas. Crossing over the wall and having it down in Mexico :mexico: Where the real fun happens.

Hey tex...... you ever been to Mexico ??

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
Now, I'm sad. I was so looking forward to it, but not in Texas. Crossing over the wall and having it down in Mexico :mexico: Where the real fun happens.

Hey tex...... you ever been to Mexico ??

No. I stayed in McAllen on a job for a few weeks and got to see over the fence into Mexico from my hotel room... That was all I needed to know about Mexico... I was quite shocked at the amount of burning and pollution that just wafts over the boarder...no EPA over there! Also interesting was the fence doesn't straddle the boarder in all places. There were houses and roads that go south of the fence where people live and its still USA land. There are just big open holes where you can freely drive though the fence...kinda beats the point.

Last edited: