• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

be careful in Buffalo

binki

use a sign, go to jail. that is a responsible use of government resources. wow, a place tougher than los angeles.

CheapVehicleWrap

Wow. That's in my town and that guy is a new customer of mine. I didn't make the signs in questions though.
:doh:

Good client if he's used to changing signs in less than 10 minutes. Conviction hu? And to think just yesterday police in OK city stoped answering calls for fraud, burglary, identity and car theft.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Are you sure that's for 10 minutes or ten seconds ?? Around here, its between 9 and 15 seconds per change, depending upon the township or municipality in which you're located.

Mark S. Adams

Are you sure that's for 10 minutes or ten seconds ?? Around here, its between 9 and 15 seconds per change, depending upon the township or municipality in which you're located.

In the city of Sarasota, you can have an electronic message board, as long as the message "shall not change more than one (1) time in any 24-hour period."

Bigdawg

Just Me
In the city of Sarasota, you can have an electronic message board, as long as the message "shall not change more than one (1) time in any 24-hour period."

Sarasota sucks when it comes to sign laws...

no twirly banners...
new sign permit for face change...
no moving signage of any kind...

remind me why we do this again Mark???

HSG_IN

I've got a book of sign regulations for my town and we're just a small waterfront community. I find it ridiculous the ordinances they have.

Marlene

sounds like he just didn't care what the regs are and did what he wanted to so why feel sorry for him. if a town says ever 10 mins, then do it. having an LED that can change at all would be a thrill for people in my area.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
The LED's around here are ridiculous.

Here's how it goes, I just sat in on three township meetings where this was being discussed for change.... BY the billboard company.

They were to remain still for 30 seconds and then they dropped down to 18 seconds I believe. The billboard people came in and fought it and won it down to every 9 seconds.

So..... you're driving down the road and you finally can see a sign. It changes twice before you can even read it. By the time you can read this mess of a sign, it changes again. All based on 55 to 60 mph driving. No one has a chance to read a blasted thing if the copy is changing every 9 seconds. However, the billboard company can get 6.5 payments per minute at that rate instead of the original 2 payments. More revenue and less advertisement for your dollars. In my area these billboards are a huge waste of money in my opinion.

What good is it if no one ever sees your ad, let alone enough time to read it ??

Malkin

SO the ads are billed out according to how often they change, not on how long they are displayed? That's crap!

I'm glad our state outlawed billboards years ago...

ProWraps

i think the policy on crime in sacramento is they only arrest people that turn themselves in for a crime now.

that is IF you can find a police officer. i dont think we have any anymore.

i think you have to go to a cable box drop off location and declare yourself a criminal and they MIGHT arrest you. but even then, I think you have to have drugs, a drug house, a drug car, or a bails of drug money. something valuable they can seize or its just not worth their while anymore.