• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Beer and Wine

Marco

Can you please assist... I am looking at this proposal and asking myself if there is any more I can do here to make this better. Cap and Corks Draft Beer and Fine Wines.

Attachments

• Ch Letters and Box Sign2.jpg
    Ch Letters and Box Sign2.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 83

JgS

Not bad. the & and the S look too big. I think if you want t make the S larger you need to make he C larger as well. Also adjust your kerning on the tag line it all runs together.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I'm not particularly fond of the ampersand falling over, but if those are gonna be channel letters, more power to ya !!

nikdoobs

"I'm not particularly fond of the ampersand falling over"
+1
If it were me, i would straighten it and make it a little smaller.

"Also adjust your kerning on the tag line it all runs together"
+1

Might just be the typeface but the finial on your Cs look strange to me. It seems like there should be some kind of a serif and not just come to a sharp point.

A few small adjustments and I think it will look great.

Marco

?

I'm not particularly fond of the ampersand falling over, but if those are gonna be channel letters, more power to ya !!
Hi Gino, Im stuck on dumb here, but can you rephrase that in layman's terms.
The sign will be a channel letter sign on a raceway with an illuminated box below (tagline).

Z SIGNS

Nice looking channel letters.Nice size and looks good on the building.
Is zoning going to allow a sign that big ?
Around here were usually only allowed 10% of the facade

vid

My first impression was "wow, that it's big." That's neither good nor bad, just an observation. Of course that brought me to Graphic Destruction's point, so I'm wondering about the structure to hold it on the roof. Aside from the engineering for snow and wind, I'm wondering about the aesthetics. Again, it's neither good nor bad, it's just an observation about potential clutter.

Since I just draw pictures, I'd be talking to the installer/engineer about the idea of having a full size raceway for the letters to see if that could be supported easier... and mostly because I like the look it adds to the building. Then too, I like reverse weeded stuff on logo boxes, so I'd do that for the CRAFT BEER AND.... portion.

As the others have pointed out, the ampersand is catching attention. Aside from it being rotated off baseline, it's size and color pull the eye to that at first glance --- I'd scale that down.

Attached is a sample of how I would initially approach it. I wouldn't use red in the design, but instead go with a brown as a secondary color. Using a softer color would help to differentiate this place from typical liquor store color schemes. (oh yeah, I just used a "placeholder" font in the layout because I didn't have the one you used)

That's my .o2

Attachments

• 101CapsCorks.jpg
    101CapsCorks.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 79

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Hi Gino, Im stuck on dumb here, but can you rephrase that in layman's terms.
The sign will be a channel letter sign on a raceway with an illuminated box below (tagline).

It looks like it's actually falling backwards. It becomes the focal point of your whole sign and it means absolutely nothing. Therefore, the average eye will look at something for a few seconds and all they'll remember is looking at that big red thing falling off the sign at the booze place. Is that what you want ?? Better yet, is that what is in your customer's best interests ??

Marco

Re:

Nice looking channel letters.Nice size and looks good on the building.
Is zoning going to allow a sign that big ?
Around here were usually only allowed 10% of the facade
The owner was adviced that there may be some opposition to the above although there are larger signs (most are projecting type) at adjacent stores. This will be taken in stride, currently in design phase, there is a plan B which is placement of sign on the right side of building face just below the overhang, same location as old sign.

I would push for plan B. Our golden rule is mounting to a roof is always the last option (and we've even refused to do it in some cases) and CYA, because it will very likely leak and someone needs to pay for the repairs and damages.

ddubia

...the average eye will look at something for a few seconds and all they'll remember is looking at that big red thing falling off the sign at the booze place. Is that what you want ?? Better yet, is that what is in your customer's best interests ??

If they remember it's the booze place then it did it's job. :Big Laugh

Better than some TV commercials that I can tell you a detailed description of the ad but have no idea what product it was promoting.

Marco

Similar Signage

This is a similar case / perfect sample of this future project. There are many buildings in this area where we used the method as shown herein. An engineer's structural analysis is made prior to the permit process, during the design phase. Option B, will be to install the sign in place of the old sign; here (sample) it's where it says OHIO direction card.

Attachments

• Installed..jpg
    Installed..jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 77

Marco

Freestanding

Existing freestanding sign refacing. Is this ok?

Attachments

• Cap & Corks7 Small.jpg
    Cap & Corks7 Small.jpg
    135.1 KB · Views: 79

Marco

Completed work. Thank you guys here for assistance, special thanks to Vid.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 90