• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Best Buy warrenty...

Marlene

on Saturday, My LCD TV wouldn't power up. I called the 24 hour number on the Best Buy 4 year warrenty I purchased for approx $80 and got a very nice lady who asked a couple of questions then set me up with a repair man for Tuesday to come to my house. he drove 2 hours round trip to put in a new power unit and the cost to me was zero. I just wanted to give Best Buy a shout out for great customer service.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
See.... every now and then something nice happens in the world and we regain our faith in our fellow man.

Glad to hear the ol' tellie works again. :clapping:

Marlene

See.... every now and then something nice happens in the world and we regain our faith in our fellow man.

yep, that pretty much was how I felt. good old fashion customer service! it was a joy. what I loved the most was the person I spoke with was so nice and she made me feel like all would be taken care of and all would be OK. that's a sign of great customer service. I was ready to fight for my rights, assumed I would have to prove I didn't screw it up some how and when none of that happened it was so nice.

RebeckaR

Thanks for posting this, Marlene. It's nice to hear good things about a company.

It's a shame that good customer service has become something we don't expect.

Makes me smile when someone calls here to ask a question or inform me that we've made a mistake in their order and instead of making excuses, we just offer to make it right. You can almost hear the wind leaving their sails because they were so geared up for a fight.

Steve C.

It's good that you had a positive experience.
I purchased my first computer from Best Buy back in 1994.
While it was still under warrenty I took it in for repairs.
When they found out I was using it for a business they said
the warrenty did not cover computers used for business.
After much back and forth, even at the corporate level,
I ask to at least get back the money I paid for extended
warrenty. They would not even agree to that. I have not
been back inside one of their stores.

Marlene

I purchased my first computer from Best Buy back in 1994.

that was a while back so they may have changed how they deal with customers.

all I know is I am happy with them. they did a great job making me feel like all would be taken care of and it is nice to feel like that. when you have an issue, it is great to hear a friendly voice tell you not to worry, they will take care of it for you and they do.