• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Best Epson distributor?

tulsagraphics

Hi folks!

I'm looking to purchase the Epson S80600. Pricing appears to be the same at every distributor I've talked to, so the decision comes down to service / support / training / supplies. I haven't purchased equipment from any of these companies before. Does anyone have a suggestion on which dealer(s) are the best to work with?
So far I've talked with ITSupplies, Imaging Spectrum out of Dallas, and Grimco.

Thanks!

Val47

We have that machine and I love it. I'm sorry - not the buyer so I can't remember who we bought it from. I'm going to toss out Denco or Grimco. Most likely Denco. Installation and training was great. We have the warrantee and have needed service tech help on the rare occasion or two (?) We had a weird thing going on with the take up reel bar once, (it wasn't spooling) and a tech came out. Then there was an issue with Orange not working... it was such an unmemorable fix I don't remember how it was fixed. I run the machines, but when something goes wrong the boss fixes. sorry if that isn't more helpful :)

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
and for service on epson printers - who do you guys use?
Us? The people they send out, we have a warranty - guaranteed support. it's not free, you pay for the warrantee, but all troubles are covered with support. Sorry, I can't remember who we actually went through... I can find out on Monday if you really need to know. What I can tell you is that it came with the purchase. Your either have that support, or you don't. you would know this when you make the purchase.

tulsagraphics

From what I've gathered, all (or most) of the hardware support is handled directly through Epson, including the extended warranties. While I'm sure there are other techs that can work on the Epsons -- and maybe some of the distributors have techs that can troubleshoot certain things over the phone -- or travel as needed depending on the issue -- I "think" they prefer to submit support tickets directly to Epson (on behalf of the customer) for anything that goes beyond the basic "over the phone" support. Again, that's just what I've gathered so far -- feel free to correct me if that's not right. :)

Snydo

Epson is contracted with a company named Decision One for warranty service calls. You call Epson and then they have D1 contact you to arrange service. The D1 techs up here are excellent.

dale911

President
Call Dan Long at Trigon Imaging. He will get you a better deal than you are seeing most likely and will take excellent care of you.

dlong@trigonimaging.com

513.965.6116 ext. 185

Dan knows his stuff and cares about his customers.

I get nothing for plugging him. I have worked with him for a long time and he has always made things happen for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jfiscus

Rap Master
Call Dan Long at Trigon Imaging. He will get you a better deal than you are seeing most likely and will take excellent care of you.

dlong@trigonimaging.com

513.965.6116 ext. 185

Dan knows his stuff and cares about his customers.

I get nothing for plugging him. I have worked with him for a long time and he has always made things happen for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
All the guys at Trigon are great to work with, we've bought our last 4 Epson printers (and our laminators and plotters) from them and love their knowledge, honesty and support. They're about a half hour from here, but it looks like you're a ways away (in Tulsa?) so they might not be the best bet for you. Wherever you buy, get the extended warranty and keep it active. Epson really takes care of their customers while the machines are under warranty, but once you're out of warranty DecisionOne's service (your only choice) can be hit or miss. Unfortunately, Epson still does not allow local dealers to service the products they sell.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I can also help, WeFixPrinters.com in Redondo Beach near Los Angeles. Authorized Epson Tech, 25 years experience. We are a service center, not a distributor of printers, but may be able to help with some parts and can help with tech questions
In order to peddle your wares, you might wanna look into getting the proper membership for this s101, in order to do so.

Goatshaver

I used Grimco, but I also didn't really know any other distributors at the time. I got it at the worst time possible, when covid hit and everything was being locked down. So I got training over the phone on my equipment so I can't really speak much for in-person training from them.