• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Best place to buy hem tape?

As in the best deal, we use the oracal tape...
so wheres the cheapest source or even a better alternative to the yellow backed oracal tape.. I tried a no name white backed hem tape a while back and was not impressed.

Jack Knight1979

I used to use oracal tape and found it to break down pretty fast. The adhesive isn't that strong.

I now use tuff tape from fellers. It cost a couple dollars more per roll, but it works.

I guess I was asking where you got your tape, currently we buy from fellers so we can get the free shipping, but their prices are a bit high.

I'm still waiting for the typical signs 101 response
"Why don't you just get a hem sealer or a sewing machine?"

The tough tape looked good, but as most of our banners are small there isn't much need for that, I could see maybe over the road application but that's about it

d fleming

Switched from oracal to tough tape not long ago. Never had a problem with oracal until recently. Tough tape does the job, oracal is only listed for 10 oz and below.

jfiscus

Rap Master
I use the Optima tape, get it from Advantage Sign Supply.
They have a few different grades, I vary which tape is used depending upon where the banner will be used & for how long it might be up.

I have had the cheap (yellow backed) tape fail, especially on double-sided full bleed banners...

bloobird0

which Oracal tape reference do you talk about please?

Oracal (Orabond to be correct) have several references for such purpose.

petesign

I use the stuff from Grimco. Never had a problem with it, and it comes in longer rolls than other local suppliers carry here.

We have used Oracal tape for years up until recently when our supplier started selling their own brand. We have been using it for about 9 months with no problems. Check out alumapanel.com they have the best price on Oracal tape and the price on theirs is better.

The Equipment Guy

We sell the Ptape (Powertape) as well, have customers who swear by it that nothing equals it. Image One Impact sells it in the US.

Craig