• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

best practice for printing ice skating rink ads?

UnlimitedBT

Hi guys, we finally had come to agreement with local sport club to print their needs. We'd be printing ice scating rink ads, if I may ask what is the best material suitable for this? Is lamination mandatory? We will print on Xerox 8264e / mutoh vj 1614 eco solvent, ads should last 1 year...
I promice not to order material from "FELLERS"
Thank you in advance.
Roman

cooltouch

I would think dependent on your budget and how happy of a customer you want.

cheap vinyl cheap lam
cheap vinyl heavy lam
tacky vinyl heavy lam
cast vinyl cast lam

all 4 options work. however needing to last a year you might not want to cheap it out. We did the St. Louis Blues practice arena which is used all year long for kid leagues as well. Ours is beat to **** after 6 months, we did tacky vinyl and heavy lam.

sfr table hockey

Our rink here has all the ads covered in lexan so I use 3621 removable on a thin sheet of styrene and not even laminated and they will last years. However if they are direct to the boards with no other protection then I would think you must laminate and not be a removable vinyl and hope you get a month or two.

Some of the NHL rinks change the logos during the game so they don't need to last but be easy to remove. I am sure they are changed almost every game or couple games but those who might print those rinks ads could chime in.

Wrapgirl

Hi guys, we finally had come to agreement with local sport club to print their needs. We'd be printing ice scating rink ads, if I may ask what is the best material suitable for this? Is lamination mandatory? We will print on Xerox 8264e / mutoh vj 1614 eco solvent, ads should last 1 year...
I promice not to order material from "FELLERS"
Thank you in advance.
Roman

They're called "Dasher boards". I did several for a local hockey rink a few years ago. Since players are always slamming into them, we reverse printed on clear, applied that to the thinnest sheet of polycarbonate we could, then finished it by applying a white backer to it. That way the graphics are protected once the panel is installed in the rink.

petrosgraphics

have done many of these over the years. rink boards are all white.

* i use 3/16 or 1/4 inch clear polycarb. reverse cut vinyl, logos can be*

reverse printed. panels are either 30" x 96" or 36" x 96". *sand the edge*

of the poly, rounding them over slightly, round the corners. run your hand

along the edge to make sure everything is smooth. *i then drill and coutersink

holes through-out *the panel, *never had a problem.. they take a lot of*

abuse. *panels are screwed directly to the boards, make sure countersunk

screws are just *below the surface of the poly.*

CanuckSigns

Print and apply to thin styrene, then cut a piece of clear polycarbonate the same size as he styrene. Round over all edges of the polycarbonate with a router but. Drill & countersink the polycarbonate, the polycarbonate goes over the print, this will allow them to change sponsors easily and it will be less expensive to print, they can also roll the styrene up and store it easily when they have a different sponsor on display.