• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Best Rip for large files

JAKES GARAGE

We are currently using Flexi 7.6 and are looking to upgrade or get a new Rip that will work with wraps on semi's. When we output a file in photoshop that's larger than 30k pixels it turns into a psb and Flexi will not open it. I normally layout the files @100 percent size and 72 to 100 dpi since the designs have a lot of images/text due to being mainly for motorsports . Any input would be great.

Thanks JT

SignBurst PCs

Simply output it from Photoshop as a .tiff and Flexi should be able to handle it.

I like slicing the image into panels in Photoshop as well, that way you end up doing the heavy lifting on your design software instead of the RIP software. But that is just personal preference.

FatCat

Usually I design box truck/semi trailers at 25% or 50% and then just use the RIP to enlarge it to full size. I'm using Wasatch, but I'm sure Flexi should do this as well.

MikePro

since upgrading to Onyx x10, i've been blowing through large rips in no time.... i used to have to wait hours for some projects, and now its ripped in minutes!

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
It's only a limit for Photoshops psd file type. Many other file types also impose this limit. Tiff images do not and for native photshop files psb does not impose that limit. Just do exactly as signburst said - prior to final output just flatten the file and save it out as a tiff and Flexi deals with it just fine.

signswi

There actually is a .tif filesize limit (note: filesize, not pixel count as .psd limits) but you can overcome it by enabling ZIP compression in the .tif save dialog. I was able to generate, rip (onyx) and print one .tif that wrapped three walls of a restaurant at 150dpi (photographs, couldn't go vector) this way. Make sure to embed the ICC profile.