• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

best tips for disposing of used foil?

UltraHIVE

hey all, ive been going through this process thats kind of insane. i destroy all foil before i trash it, by running it through a shredder. problem is that its very tedious and requires some intense cleaning atferwards. this is after i rewound each foil, found and used ALL available open areas to print with. crazy? yep. wasteful? nope. ive even found a use for that first 6 inches of unused vinyl when starting a new project.

Question: i wanted to know of a safe way or chemical compound that breaks down the foil, besides lighter fluid and a match (tried that)...

thx. :rock-n-roll:

Mike Paul

Super Active Member
this is after i rewound each foil, found and used ALL available open areas to print with. crazy? yep. wasteful? nope. ive even found a use for that first 6 inches of unused vinyl when starting a new project.
:

Yep, thats just plain crazy.

UltraHIVE

a cat would work, but then i gotta feed it.. ;)

no gov jobs, or dmv... just reproductions.

what i print is small enough to print within the un-used foil areas. larger projects take up the bulk of the foils surface, so its only right to rewind and conserve. the excess vinyl i use to mask off the edges a frame when i screenprint tshirts.