• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Best vinyl for sailboat lettering?

Bleemus

Have been using Gerber 3M 220 and customers are happy but I am wondering if I could provide even better quality with another product. Oracal 951 looks good but I have not worked with it. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Regards,
Keth

Sent from my Pixel C using Tapatalk

Snydo

Oracal 951 is a dream to work with, minimum life expectancy is 10 years for white and black, 8 years for colors.

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
We pretty much do all boat lettering, vehicle lettering and such on 3M 180CV3....print and cut. Can do so much more with one layer of printed vinyl; drop shadows, beveled edges, multiple colors, etc. Laminate with 3M8518. But if they strictly want one color, simple stuff, Oracal 751 or 951.

rjssigns

Lettered a sailboat Saturday with Gerber 3M 220. Client wanted the same material I used on his friends boat. IMO usually any cast material will work great. Used Arlon cast products for years with no issues.

Bleemus

Thank you all for the tips. Did a project using 7125 today because it was all I had and it came out nicely. Planning some tests with the 951 too!

Cheers,
Keth

Bleemus

We pretty much do all boat lettering, vehicle lettering and such on 3M 180CV3....print and cut. Can do so much more with one layer of printed vinyl; drop shadows, beveled edges, multiple colors, etc. Laminate with 3M8518. But if they strictly want one color, simple stuff, Oracal 751 or 951.
What is the minimum expected usable life of that combo? Our shop has a large format VersaCamm unit but being the new guy havent had a chance to delve into its abilities.

Pippin Decals

I Also use Oracal products and love it .you should not have any issues with the 951 .The whole group of 651,751 and 951 is awesome depending on the purpose intended. I buy from uscutter.com

BVG

I Also use Oracal products and love it .you should not have any issues with the 951 .The whole group of 651,751 and 951 is awesome depending on the purpose intended. I buy from uscutter.com
Just had a quick look at uscutter.com - and I really shouldn't have. They sell Avery 900 Supercast for almost the same price we pay for Avery monomeric here in Australia :(

Billct2

Depends on whether it's a print or just cut vinyl. Gerber 3M 220 has been a reliable product for many years.