• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Best way to attach to stone

Johnny Best

He has a handle with tumb push and two dead bolts Gino. We use a rope with a knot on the end for our door handle. I would hate to walk in there and see vice grips to remove teeth laying on the table.

Billct2

Nice job adapting the stock bracket with the added plate for wall mounting. But what'd you use for hardware.
Also, I hate more than one link to hang a sign, anymore than that and I use a strap not chain. Less whipping action in the wind.
Looks like a low rent neighborhood but like other have said a couple hundred bucks for paint and landscaping sure would improve the place
The sign & bracket are the best looking thing there

unclebun

Thanks everyone. We used the drop in anchors with 3/8"x3" lags, and the cables going to the old attachments up above. The hanging bracket is the storebought unit that Grimco and other suppliers carry. To mount it over the decorative stone ledge I had a 1/4" steel bracket made that attaches to the old sign hanger at the bottom and then had a wider spacing for holes in the wall on top, to which the sign hanger bolts. Once we got it all bolted up, but before attaching the cables, it was very solid, but some play in the old mounting point let the tip of the hanger rod move perhaps 1/2" side to side. Once we guyed it, it really didn't move at all. You could get a twang out of the guy cables. I couldn't hang the sign from a single link because when I did the top of the sign hit the bar. I used the number of links which would not allow the sign to swing in and contact the bracket or wall. I was pretty satisfied with the installation overall.

The guy with the cigarettes is my employee. He had dropped the pack off the scaffolding and they went everywhere. After we got the truck loaded he found them all and put them back in the box.

This building is in the old downtown of a little rural town. It's next door to the post office, across the street from an old Ford dealership building (if you remember what those looked like in a downtown with no outside lot). The Masonic Lodge is on the next block. But back in the 1960s and 1970s a slightly bigger highway went in about a quarter mile from downtown, crossing this road, and all the business moved down there, leaving the old downtown to die. For a while I think only the Post Office was open downtown, along with the Masonic Lodge. Recently there has been some effort put into trying to rebuild and revitalize the downtown. There are a couple of bar & grill places now, an auto body shop is working in the Ford dealership building, and this dentist has opened an office. He was originally from this town, went to school, and practices in a big city a couple of hours away. But he's opened this office in his old hometown where he see patients one or two days a week. And other members of his family are operating a bar & grill and other businesses in town. If you look at my picture from the site survey, the front window wasn't cracked then. It may have happened when they had the stonework power washed (you can see how dirty it was in the old photo.) Inside the office is very modern looking. They've basically built all new interior walls and the dentist chairs and so on look very up to date. I suspect the exterior will continue to be improved.