• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

BIPOC

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
There is a new term CNN says we have to get used to... BIPOC (Black, Indigenous and people of color)

I'm still trying to figure out what all the letters in LGBTQ stand for.

But hey, at least Google is letting us know what minority group owns what... seems like for a while we were trying to remove labels from people....now we're reversing that.

Untitled.jpg

Last edited:

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
There is a new term CNN says we have to get used to... BIPOC (Black, Indigenous and people of color)

Need to hurry there is only one left in stock.

Identifies as female led? I'll have to check this out. You get all sorts of bonuses for bidding on certain jobs around here if you are a women owned/minority owned business. I wonder if I can self identify as a veteran too?
Last year I was asked to bid on wrapping some buses for our local transit. I've bent over backwards for many years for these guys and have a great working relationship. When they've needed something, I've dropped what I was doing to make sure I can take care of them. There were 4 big buses to bid on. They ended up going with a "woman" owned business because they told me they could lose federal funding if they didn't. My bid was lower yet they still went with this woman owned business which was a Fastsigns franchise. Come to find out, they outsourced all of the printing for the job and then they hired a "man" owned business to install all of the vinyl. Fastsigns was not local, not in the same county and has never done work for them before.

I'm in the same county as the transit which means my tax dollars go to the local transit authority. I've done work for these guys for almost 20 years and like I said, have bent over backwards for them multiple times. I've donated $100s of dollars worth of other services and items to them as well.

I completely understand the women/minority owned stuff has good intentions but it sure screwed over my business. This was all right before COVID really took hold so that big job could've really helped me out. Instead it went to a Fastsigns franchise that did very little work and outsourced most of the job to businesses owned by men. I'm still shaking my head over the whole thing.....

DPD

But hey, at least Google is letting us know what minority group owns what... seems like for a while we were trying to remove labels from people....now we're reversing that.

View attachment 154789
Get used to it because Californians are moving to Texas and turning it purple and soon to be blue. Another one bites the dust.

gnubler

They used to call me CWAD (Chick With A Dick). But that was way before everyone got acronyms, so I'm definitely a trendsetter.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
They used to call me CWAD (Chick With A Dick). But that was way before everyone got acronyms, so I'm definitely a trendsetter.
Do you mean trans-gender ?? What's your card number or what variety are you ??

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
Idaho, Colorado, Utah, Montana ... they are dispersing all over the western half of the US. You can tell who they are... they walk around with superiority and think they are better than the locals because they are from Cali. Those beliefs they ran away won't change, they bring it with them.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
It's really a shame. All the stuff they voted in over recent years..... and now they're running away from their own mistakes. They cannot fix them. California was such a nice state a long time ago and now look at it. Of course, it seems to be running rampant everywhere here-a-late. Just a matter of time.

gnubler

Idaho, Colorado, Utah, Montana ... they are dispersing all over the western half of the US. You can tell who they are... they walk around with superiority and think they are better than the locals because they are from Cali. Those beliefs they ran away won't change, they bring it with them.
We just had our first Pride Fest, but there aren't enough of them around here to really matter so they bussed a bevy of them over from Spokane for the day. It was a total freakshow, gimp masks and trannies, and pride wasn't a feeling I felt that day.

unclebun

I think CWAD refers to women who are assertive and run the show. Sort of like the wife who wears the pants in the house.