• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Black CF pictures from YES Solvent

premiercolour

Merchant Member
It was done by two first timers. It was rather easy. After the wrap, he ordered one roll of black CF material.

Baby shampoo + water
Two squeeges
Two office cutter

We used two hours.

Attachments

• IMG_6257.jpg
    IMG_6257.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_6264.jpg
    IMG_6264.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_6206.jpg
    IMG_6206.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_6207.jpg
    IMG_6207.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 70
J

john1

Loos good but it doesn't have air agress?

What's the pricing on a roll or yard?

premiercolour

Merchant Member
It does have air releases. We are testing the water, asking local sign shops to test. So far they love the material. Will keep you & signs101 posted.

Thanks for the comment.

ProWraps

my take on it is, if you are trying to hock a product, demonstrate proper install techniques, use professional installers with proven results and feedback, and dont say a hood that takes 4 minutes took amatuers 2 hours.

thats how i would phrase it.

those of us that are your potential customers would prefer something from other professionals.

i could be full of ****, but thats my preference as your potential customer base that has great proven results from every other manufacturer in the biz hocking the same product.

HulkSmash

It was done by two first timers. It was rather easy. After the wrap, he ordered one roll of black CF material.

Baby shampoo + water
Two squeeges
Two office cutter

We used two hours.

Water actually weakens the air release, look forward to lifting edges.

Almost seems like a 2nd person would get in the way.
2 hrs? With practice you can get that on in 3 minutes.

J

john1

Come on guys, He said "first time installers" so 2 hours isn't out of the question given that.

My guess is the 2 hours could have been cut down if the vinyl was layed dry as it has air agress so no need to install wet. If it has removable air release vinyl that makes it even easier so you can take it back up if a problem occurred. Reason wet sometimes takes longer because trimming the edges is always a fun time on a wet install like this.

Geesh lol

premiercolour

Merchant Member
Water actually weakens the air release, look forward to lifting edges.

Almost seems like a 2nd person would get in the way.
2 hrs? With practice you can get that on in 3 minutes.

"water actually weakens the air release". - Thank you . This method was given by one of the largest 3m dealers in s. California who covers most of Beverly hills high end exotics.

Three minutes for wrapping a hood which involves folding edges?

Last edited:

Custom_Grafx

Why not just send some of the pro installers here a few free metres each, get some feedback? If it's great, you've hit the jackpot. If it's not... oops.

By the way, it does look ok, but like mentioned above... it's more about for how long, and how well. Removability is also something I'd like to see before committing.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
I would like to test it but I am too far away.
Gotta be someone here on the list close by that can help out.

On the install;
Did they try to lay it down dry - run into problems and then switch to the wet install?
Like others have said (with less words) wet install of an air release material is not the accepted method for a long lasting trouble free job.

I did install Controltac 180(without air release) wet on a box truck with exposed rivets once. It still looks pretty darn good after more than 8 or 9 years on the road but I would never do it that way again.

wayne k
guam usa

Custom_Grafx

Please get back to your 3M contact regarding wet install when using air release vinyl, they are giving their clients incorrect information.

Refer to the attached docs.

Film Series 1080 Q A.pdf - section 9
IJ180 180C.pdf - Page 4, section B.

I realise your product is not 3M and may be different, however in general, wet install is highly NOT recommended for all films which have an embossed adhesive side.

Attachments

• Film Series 1080 Q A.pdf
    30 KB · Views: 115
  • IJ180 180C.pdf
    82.8 KB · Views: 78

premiercolour

Merchant Member
Please get back to your 3M contact regarding wet install when using air release vinyl, they are giving their clients incorrect information.

Refer to the attached docs.

Film Series 1080 Q A.pdf - section 9
IJ180 180C.pdf - Page 4, section B.

I realise your product is not 3M and may be different, however in general, wet install is highly NOT recommended for all films which have an embossed adhesive side.

good info. Thanks -

premiercolour

Merchant Member
Action always speaks louder than saying. Will write down proper installation. This time, will try not to use wet installation.

Three years outdoor, remove red carbon fiber after two weeks of installation. Not a tiny bit of glue was left on the hood.

HulkSmash

"water actually weakens the air release". - Thank you . This method was given by one of the largest 3m dealers in s. California who covers most of Beverly hills high end exotics.

Three minutes for wrapping a hood which involves folding edges?

Well that's embarrassing for them, cause they're 100% Wrong.
We wrap over 20 cars a month, I think I would know.

And yes 3 minutes. folding edges? Folding the edges is a bad practice with wraps, and will cause it to fail faster.

I really not trying to bash your work. It does look really good. Just trying to point you in the right direction on how to do things the right way.

Also you're going to have a hard time finding a 3M employee who can actually tell you real facts about their product...Ask the guys here who use it every day.