• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Black ink problem!

I resently changed out my printheads on my falcon jr. Now i'm not getting any black ink. I replaced the heads,changed the rank, suck the black line to the damper and suck the ink thru the damper. I did a power clean and still no ink. Do you have any ideas? My work load is backing up on that machine HELP!

thmooch

Did you try pulling from the waste line while holding the carriage in the "Home" position on the capping station?

artbot

no ink as in zero? when you do a cleaning cycle, is there new latent black ink in the capping station?

Yes, NO ink. I've done a power clean and you can see it in the waste tube. When I did the suction on the capping station you can see wet ink. This is driving me to drinking more.

Well, that looks like we can do that here. I see the fuses on the motherboard. Now, Where do you think we can these? I going to do a test on the old now.

Thanks

Randy

What would be the best way to test the fuse? So, I have an idea before I let this person do a test. Just being safe.

artbot

the best way to diagnose/isolate a data issue is with a data swap (sapping ribbon positions). i know how to do it on my printer. but each printer is specific. maybe someone can lead you through it for your model. if you do it wrong you can damage parts.

essentially it will tell you if that side of your head is dead, or it's just not getting data.

No, but I have a real good employee said he could change it. I just want to be sure and know what to expect. I'm not about to invest in motherboard that's why I asked. Do you know where we can get fuses if needed.

We tested the fuses this morning and the fuse on the left facing the motherboard fuse F2 is bad, is that the black head fuse? Is there a place to buy the original fuse for replacement?