• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Blackberry versus iphone.

Pro Image

HTC Droid Incredible.........

Ive had HTC phones since they have come on the market......Touch Pro, Touch Pro 2 (witch is still a very good phone) and the Incredible........Great phones........

ProWraps

blackberry has push email. iphone doesnt.

i have the new iphone and new 3g ipad. i love them. just wish there was push email.

unfortunately, all carriers are for sh*t as far as im concerned. it is what it is with wireless carriers.

cgsigns_jamie

Ummm... iPhone has had push email (and contacts, and calendar) for some time now Chirs???

I'm on my 3rd iPhone and wouldn't consider using anything else. I used to have a BlackBerry but once push email came to iPhone I switched that day.

The new iPhone 4 is amazing, the screen is gorgeous and the camera is amazing.
The reception issue is just a software thing and Apple is already working on an update.

So IMO the iPhone is awesome.

ProWraps

my bad... i know it accepts push email, but from what i thought, the blackberry system was push based.

sh*t maybe i have it but god i cant figure it out!

i CAN NOT live without my 3G IPAD. its like another employee. i can do whatever i need out in the field with it. love it. use it when im on the job, when im at the dmv, when i get a hair cut etc.

just HATE that there is no flash. i understand why steve jobby job wont implement it, but it DOES hinder it.

cgsigns_jamie

Just need to have an email account that supports push and your all set. Don't have to run any software on your computer for it to work (that's what I had to do with my old BB)

Yeah I really want an iPad, especially for reading books... I'm waiting for the 2nd gen iPad... I usually jump at all things Apple but I figured I'd wait for the one with a front facing camera.... although I have that on my iPhone and haven't used it because I don't know anyone else with an iPhone 4?

ProWraps

Just need to have an email account that supports push and your all set. Don't have to run any software on your computer for it to work (that's what I had to do with my old BB)

Yeah I really want an iPad, especially for reading books... I'm waiting for the 2nd gen iPad... I usually jump at all things Apple but I figured I'd wait for the one with a front facing camera.... although I have that on my iPhone and haven't used it because I don't know anyone else with an iPhone 4?

i feel you. the crap facetime with only being wifi, and only iphone4 pisses me off.

it will eventually open up, but why not do it from the start. thats what pisses me off with apple.

Fatboy

I am installing a camera to monitor my roland machine. Do you guys know if I will be able to vidoe stream it to my Blackberry Bold.?

saktrnch

Since the end of April, my iPhone 3gs spends more time searching for service or has no service. And when I get a bar or two of service, and pick up the phone, I loose those. I've had the Moto Droid for a month now and it works alright, but google wants you to sync with their online stuff and not your computer. So to me the big down fall on the droid is it's really clumsy to sync my schedule and contacts. But I am planning on the droid x next week.

omgsideburns

I've got the iphone 3gs.. it's a phone.. it plugs in to my cars cd player.. it does the job. I don't need bleeding edge.

MachServTech

I am installing a camera to monitor my roland machine. Do you guys know if I will be able to vidoe stream it to my Blackberry Bold.?

I don't think so, but you can use remote desktop software with iPhone and Android. I Have a Motorola Droid and use remote desktop to monitor printers and their associated web-cams. I believe you can also directly control the Caldera RIP through an iPhone. (unconfirmed)

I had an iPhone but switched to Android because of At&T. The android os is easily hackable (see tethering) and has a lot of excellent free apps.

My money is on the Android OS ...FTW!

gnatt66

just talked verizon into pushing up my upgrade date (again) and got us new Droid X phones....it makes my BB storm2 feel like a microtac 650....for real.

amazing device....amazing.

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
iPhone for me, I like it but wish it had the talk to text like some of the Droids do. Where you talk into the phone and it converts it into a text. I hate texting but do it all the time lol.

The Vector Doctor

Chief Bezier Manipulator
iPhone for me, I like it but wish it had the talk to text like some of the Droids do. Where you talk into the phone and it converts it into a text. I hate texting but do it all the time lol.

There is a popular free app in the app store called Dragon Dictation that allows you to do this. Works pretty well

Brandon708

I just got a HTC EVO 4G on the Sprint network. This phone does everything and I mean everything. Hands down the best phone out there.

A big reason i got it because it has a 8mp camera on it. It makes it easy to take pictures of sites without having to carry a camera.

gnatt66

I just got a HTC EVO 4G on the Sprint network. This phone does everything and I mean everything. Hands down the best phone out there.

A big reason i got it because it has a 8mp camera on it. It makes it easy to take pictures of sites without having to carry a camera.

8mp on the Droid X as well...with HDMI out and full 720pHD video..

these phones are nuts.