• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Blade Sign

KGraphics

Hi all!

I have a customer interested in a blade sign, so looking for companies at a reasonable cost. I also have a customer looking to add a hanging sign below their existing blade sign, possibly a lighted option, if anyone has recommendations for that! Thanks

rjssigns

Hi all!

I have a customer interested in a blade sign, so looking for companies at a reasonable cost. I also have a customer looking to add a hanging sign below their existing blade sign, possibly a lighted option, if anyone has recommendations for that! Thanks
Helpful hint: If you're not licensed/insured for electrical or installations don't mess with them. Also be aware of the permitting process in your town.
Last bit of advice is once you pull a permit and install the sign you "own" it until the sign is removed.
This means you could be on the hook for anything bad that happens during the lifetime of that sign.

I stopped digging holes, going up on lifts, replacing faces etc... because of the insurance but mainly because of legal exposure.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
Helpful hint: If you're not licensed/insured for electrical or installations don't mess with them. Also be aware of the permitting process in your town.
Last bit of advice is once you pull a permit and install the sign you "own" it until the sign is removed.
This means you could be on the hook for anything bad that happens during the lifetime of that sign.

I stopped digging holes, going up on lifts, replacing faces etc... because of the insurance but mainly because of legal exposure.

You stopped doing installs because of legal exposure? That's a first. If you have your company structured properly, and the proper insurances (business and personal), you shouldnt have too much to worry about. (Along with knowing how to properly install)

rjssigns

You stopped doing work because of legal exposure? If you have your company structured properly, and the proper insurances (business and personal), you shouldnt have too much to worry about. (Along with knowing how to properly install)
I get it but I'm also not young anymore. I lettered a yacht transom on a Monday a couple weeks ago. Took a couple days for the arthritis pain in my knees and shoulders to go away. Installed a large wall graphic the same week Wednesday and my hands were super sore until Friday. If this knee and hand pain is going to be part of my life from here on out I'd rather it be caused by doing something I enjoy, like racing.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
While having all the right insurances and boxes checked is in your favor....... should something go wrong, younstill hafta live with it. I know many guys in the business couldn't handle it after someone fell to their death or a pedestrian was hurt or killed. They weren't touched, but their minds were.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
I get it but I'm also not young anymore. I lettered a yacht transom on a Monday a couple weeks ago. Took a couple days for the arthritis pain in my knees and shoulders to go away. Installed a large wall graphic the same week Wednesday and my hands were super sore until Friday. If this knee and hand pain is going to be part of my life from here on out I'd rather it be caused by doing something I enjoy, like racing.
That I can understand, there had to be some other reason because the first one sounded like BS.