• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Blue and Back Pin Lines

Graphicdetailsinc

Ok, we have spent the last 2 days working on and cleaning our mutoh falcon outodoor.

Finally traced problems to air leaks in the lines.

Now that everything has been cleaned, ran a head wash, cleaning cycles new hoses ect. my prints are looking great EXCEPT for these black and blue pin lines.

See attatched images and let me know what you think is causing it.

Thanks

Josh

Attachments

• Fish.JPG
    Fish.JPG
    363.2 KB · Views: 262
  • Tennis.jpg
    Tennis.jpg
    355.9 KB · Views: 203
  • 100_1359.JPG
    100_1359.JPG
    369.5 KB · Views: 231

GK

have you taken a look under the head carriage while its moving across? see if it picked up any lint or built up ink under it and is dragging across. also make sure your edge guards don't have hardened ink on them either.

DPD

Don't want to say it after you did all that cleaning but.....
It looks like you picked up a dust bunny under your head cartridges.

Graphics2u

I don't think that's caused by dust under the head, but that's just my opinion. Did you clean the encoder strip on the top of the Carriage rail? It's that clear plastic strip. Or could be the sensor on the head assembly that reads the encoder strip.

Could also be in the transmision of data to the printer. Are you running on a network? Try a direct connection if you can.

Also does it do that when you do a test print directly from the control panel on the printer?

Graphicdetailsinc

Encoder strip?

How do i go about cleaning the encoder strip?? Just wipe it down with some alcohol??:wine-smi:

and as far as my connection it is running about 15 feet through a rj45 network cord to a print server wich converts it to the connection on the front of the machine. Parallel i think

woolly

this sort of problem looks like electrical interferance.
sure you did not spill any fluids on the head boards,
have you just installed a new electric heater.
dust would do it but not over the whole width.

nice fish

woolly

It looks like a problem with the encoder to me as well. I would clean the beam and rail (thing that the bearings on the carriage roll over), as well as the encoder strip itself (with lint-free cloth and IPA), and clean the sensor that reads the encoder (also with alcohol- power completely off while doing this).

Bob

Graphicdetailsinc

maybe

i have been doing all my test prints with everything on the machine open... because i was getting sick of taking apart and re-assembeling everything every 5 minutes.
I think i can have this thing apart in less that 5 minutes now lol

anyhow sometimes when i touch the machine i get a tiny shock like when someone rubs thier feet on the carpet and zaps you. And as far as getting the board wet, i havnt done anything near it with anything more that a q-tip with alcohol on it and even then everything was unplugged.

i have thourally cleaned the encoder strip and that seemed to make the lines appear a little les often, however they are still there enough to where my output is unsellable.

could a head strike cause this?? if the head banged something?? every print i send the lines are there, however there is no rythm or consistancy in where they are.

woolly

anyhow sometimes when i touch the machine i get a tiny shock like when someone rubs thier feet on the carpet and zaps you.

i think you have just answered your own question static interferance.

earth the machine out for a moment

woolly

Graphicdetailsinc

eart the machione out???

It has a ground wire?? how would i do that? i mean its sitting on the floor on its stand?

Do i need to run a ground strap to it or something

It very well could be me draging my feet around the shop moping about how my printer isnt working right and then i touch it and it ground me haha

anyhow i have everything unplugged overnight tonight and i am going to check everything thorough again tomorrow, also my test print when i hit shift and the test print button NOTHING HAPPENS

the nozzel check runs fine and the cut off ect just that one thing doesnt work anymore??

Graphicdetailsinc

So the test print thing, wouldnt print because the qualitly buttons were set to 1440, once i changed it to 720 mode it printed fine, NO STREAKS!
so i guess my lines are somewhere in the data transfer area, could be from the encoder strpi, could be a bad file, could be a bad rip....

im going to try a few things and will update you all as soon as i can

Graphics2u

So the test print thing, wouldnt print because the qualitly buttons were set to 1440, once i changed it to 720 mode it printed fine, NO STREAKS!
so i guess my lines are somewhere in the data transfer area, could be from the encoder strpi, could be a bad file, could be a bad rip....

im going to try a few things and will update you all as soon as i can

Try to hook up directly with a parallel cable ans see what you get. Don't think it's the encoder strip if the test prints are ok. It still using that strip. More than likely got something to do with network connection.

Graphicdetailsinc

trying to hook it up via parallel, however i dont have the windows driver for it....

Anyone have the driver for the falcon outdoor 6 color???

Graphicdetailsinc

ok i got it to work via the parallel, however its SLOOOOOOOOWW!!

When i send a job the head pauses for about a second betwen each pass..

No lines so far though??
Could my network cable be bad?? its brand new??
is there a way to speed up the transfer rate on the parallel?
also 1 other question. The cut off on the machine isnt cutting all the way through my material and its only 2 mil vinyl. Is ther a way to adjust the downforce or the blade leingth.

Graphics2u

ok i got it to work via the parallel, however its SLOOOOOOOOWW!!

When i send a job the head pauses for about a second betwen each pass..

No lines so far though??
Could my network cable be bad?? its brand new??
is there a way to speed up the transfer rate on the parallel?
also 1 other question. The cut off on the machine isnt cutting all the way through my material and its only 2 mil vinyl. Is ther a way to adjust the downforce or the blade leingth.

your print server might be bad, the cable might be bad or the network card in your computer might be the culprit.

Don't think you can speed it up alot.

The cut off blades on those printers just don't work well in my book.

I'd try a different cable first then a print server.

At least you've narrowed it down!

Graphicdetailsinc

could the rj-45 cable be picking up electrical noise??
I have it run along the underside of our desk with about 100 other wires and plugs. I am going to run it out across the room on the floor to see if thats is, because i cant deal with it printing this SLOW!

Attachments

• Clipboard01.jpg
    Clipboard01.jpg
    158.4 KB · Views: 146