• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Boo... Grimco won't be carrying Oracal

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I won't leave a good vendor either for a few bucks, but if something is advertised and I can get a savings of 15% or maybe better, I will investigate it, and then call my regular vendor and give them a chance to explain their dealings.

It doesn't happen often, but it has and I've actually left some vendors over the years on principle alone for a savings of quite a bit, even if they did meet the savings. My feelings are simple.... while I'm being faithful, I believe in them watching out for me. However, I've also learned that is very old school. Today, as long as most can get whatever it is they can.... they will.

I had one some years back, said to me, yeah we can meet that price, so I said, then why haven't you offered it to me all along. Get a load of this.... well, you never asked.

I've already been offered to save 3 or 4 bucks.... that's not even worth mentioning to someone. If I can't get a few extra pennies on our products, then I'm doing something wrong.

MikePro

I've just been wary about relying completely on F******s for my products, as they'd stuck me in a hard place not too long ago.
Great products and service, most of the time, but some things you just don't forget... (and everyone else is willing to beat their pricing!)

Freese

My local Grimco branch is great. From what I understand is that Grimco had full intention of carrying it, but Oracal decided to pull out (that's what she said)

2B

I LOVE Oracal too! However,I'm down to only 1 supplier that carries it, Fellers, and I like to have options so I started researching another go-to "non-3M" product...
Arlon has come out strong with Oracal products/pricing. Give them a shot and you won't be disappointed. I have a product cross-reference chart if you like.

Would be interested in the reference chart if you don't mind.

MikePro

also works great as a cross-reference to any of the 4 brands listed (3M, Avery, Mactac, Oracal). Love MacTac economy vinyl, as well,... prints/sticks good and no issues of failures, yet, even beyond spec.'d lifespan. Although the 5828P brand, not shown, has a slight blue-tint to the vinyl which really dulls it but works nice for non-glare/matte billboards/signs.
(ok, well one failure on the JT5929P... but the client installed it on a wooden door with texture, outside, and it failed in the middle of winter. A scenario he was warned about, but insisted on using economy vinyl)

anyhow, here ya go:
(arlon even has a "Suede" finish laminate that's really nice... just did a buncha MillerLight Illuminated cabinets with it. Not Glossy, not matte, just right)
attachment.php

Attachments

• Picture 46.jpg
    Picture 46.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 84
  • Picture 47.jpg
    Picture 47.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 102