• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Bought a mutoh designjet 62, need help please

PROBIRD

Purchased this yesterday and it came with a white lpt box thing that connects to 110 volts and connects to router with a ethernet cable.

How do i get this all communicating together?

Does the printer have its own i.p. address? If so how do i find it?

Flexi is asking for an ip address and i do not know if its wanting the printer or computer or router address.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
When buying such a piece of equipment, usually one gets a day or two of training and the techs will generally set everything up for you. You should call the company that sold this to you and insist on some on-site training.

AUTO-FX

Most people use a server box. And what is it again that you bought? A Mutoh or an HP?
Cibersupply can help you. He is a merchant member here.

PROBIRD

Bought it used from a sign shop, not an actual printer caompany.

It is a mutoh sdmp-62j model number, says prismjet extra on front.

Ha, i put designjet, what an idiot. sorry bout that.

I hooked it up with an lpt cable and it works, just messing with flexi and evry time i print something it makes wider and shorter than what shows on the screen.

randya

evry time i print something it makes wider and shorter than what shows on the screen.

That sound like a RIP driver issue, or a resolution issue.
You should be using a Falcon Outdoor driver, which is different from a Falcon II.