• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Box Truck Graphic Wrap installation easy way

mopar691

oh but you saved buying a roller PRO

No they saved by just opening a "sign department" within their company and by doing so just eliminated the need for various professionals in this trade cause they can do it themselves with our help.

ProWraps

i dunno. i given a lot of help and advice to a lot of people over the last couple years. they pretty much all suck and couldnt understand what they were doing if you gave them superhero powers.

in my industry either you get it or you dont. my opinion on newbs is changing. i dont really feel like teaching them how to take my biz, but 9 times out of 10 they are too stupid no matter what advice i give them so whats the point.

ddarlak

Go Bills!
Really? You are going to do this professionally and wont even buy a roller pro?

sorry, but bashing a guy for not buying some dumb product when you can rig your own is stupid.

i've been in the sign industry for 100 years and if i can make something out of shop junk to save a buck i will....

gettin a little snooty in here.....

skyhigh

Work Description
Offering a best Installation service on vehical Graphics, banner, Event and Trade show signs

Position
Sales and Service Manager

Plotters & Printers
Solvant Printer

Must be true what they say.....
Anyone can own a SOLVANT printer and install VEHICAL graphics.

So easy, a caveman can do it.

MISTCOOLING starting a seperate sign department on the Rental Box trucks and initial offering to all their dealers, distributors and Installers
on their trucks, this is a new idea of promoting sales together..

So, basically you are doing your OWN work?

Good luck.....and post up the pictures of your finished job.
Ohhhhh, and welcome to a great forum.

mistcooling

Guys,

Good News, just finished the whole truck,
See the pictures..
The 2nd side of the truck started at 11am and finished at 1.05pm finished in just 2.00 hrs
Not bad for the first time installer, and very economical way too, with new innovative techniques that will help new installers who want to start their career.
The whole project cost is just under $ 1000 with all four sides..
MISTCOOLING

Attachments

• truck_sign_step1.jpg
    truck_sign_step1.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 97
  • truck_sign_step3.jpg
    truck_sign_step3.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 90
  • truck_sign_step4.jpg
    truck_sign_step4.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 87
Last edited by a moderator:

Christian @ 2CT Media

What why would you do that? Choose one seam path either vertical or horizontal and stick with it....

Also how come your graphics don't go all the way to the edge of the aluminum panels?

I'm not trying to knock you we all started somewhere, just have legitimate questions.

HulkSmash

Guys,

See the pictures..
The 2nd side of the truck started at 11am and finished at 1.05pm finished in just 2.00 hrs
Not bad for the first time installer, and very economical way too, with new innovative techniques that will help new installers who want to start their career.
MISTCOOLING

Oh my.................

Nice job i guess for your first try.
In the future, if you're going to do horizontal seams...Always do the bottom first.. that way your overlap isn't facing up, for rain, and dirt to slide into.

2nd.. Never print like that.. Why not just vertical panels from top to bottom, would have been 10 times easier.

1k? no offence, but you won't be in business for long doing it that cheap.. unless you're using crap vinyl.

jasonx

Guys,

See the pictures..
MISTCOOLING

Not knocking your work but proclaiming to help new installers with innovative techniques when you should be applying the bottom panels first really takes away from the guys who have been doing this a lot longer.

The last thing the industry needs added are people giving advice and techniques that are incorrect.

Did you post heat around the rivets? If so what temperature? Why type of vinyl are you using (not the brand)?

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
You are playing to a tough crowd here so lets see some close ups of the finished seams and rivets. Details make or break the install.

wayne k
guam usa

Scott Reynolds

Post #3, dont cut it and start at the bottom. Did you think we were Crazy? If you not going to take advice, dont ask for it. Since you put the wrap on upside down, at least seal the edges.

Scott

Christian @ 2CT Media

one way to protect the backwards seams is clear spray urethane... dries 100% clear and will prevent build up on/in the upside-down seams

Also you rivets in the last picture look like they are starting to tent. Since you look to be using calendered vinyl I recommend getting a rivet roller and cutter. Use the roller to press the rivets completely down and use the rivet cutter to cut perfectly around the rivet head. This will prevent failure due to the rivet heads and IMHO make the wrap look much better than with tented rivets.

skyhigh

:thumb: :U Rock:

oh brother

J

john1

Looks like the rivets aren't even tended too, Unless it's the way the photo looks

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
Awesome! I just witnessed the vehicle wrap installation business being revolutionized in one afternoon!
LOL!!!

tsgstl

I have no idea what is going on in this thread. I give him credit though he sounds happy with what he ended up with and didnt have to pay 2-4 grand to get it. Personally it bothers me but he is the winner in the end.

4R Graphics

I know He was denied originally and talked Fred into allowing him to join. I think he just did it for himself I mean his username is mist something and the wrap is advertising a misting company. Fred I think you should pull his accouont or make him email or fax you a copy of his business license showing he really does have a graphics type business (even installs only should have a business license of some sorts).

Oh and to Mistcooling Glad you got it done and are happy about it but you did everything wrong. I hope it lasts.