• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Box Truck Graphic Wrap installation easy way

skyhigh

I know He was denied originally and talked Fred into allowing him to join. I think he just did it for himself I mean his username is mist something and the wrap is advertising a misting company. Fred I think you should pull his accouont or make him email or fax you a copy of his business license showing he really does have a graphics type business (even installs only should have a business license of some sorts).

Oh and to Mistcooling Glad you got it done and are happy about it but you did everything wrong. I hope it lasts.

He basically started his "graphics division" to do his own work, but thats Fred's call.....I couldn't care less.

As for his 2 hour install, and wonderful new concepts & tools that will revolutionize the wrap business......well.... did anyone expect him to say anything less? Perhaps he is extremely happy with the the less than stellar job he did, and all the money he saved.

I didn't install my own cooling system, because I can make more money in that same time frame, doing what I do best. Perhaps he can't say the same for his "misting" business.

No offense to anyone......JMO

Kentucky Wraps

Kentucky Wraps
Guys,

Good News, just finished the whole truck,
See the pictures..
The 2nd side of the truck started at 11am and finished at 1.05pm finished in just 2.00 hrs
Not bad for the first time installer, and very economical way too, with new innovative techniques that will help new installers who want to start their career.
The whole project cost is just under $ 1000 with all four sides..
MISTCOOLING

I'm not sure what "innovative technique" you are referring to, but 2 hours isn't very fast for that side of a box truck AND you aren't FINISHED until the rivets are finished. Also, how "fast" did the 1st side go? 5 hours? Keep telling yourself whatever you want if it makes you feel accomplished. LOL innovative.

tsgstl

I had a customer very similar to this guy. I assume he probably actually thinks he is going to start up a wrap division. And who knows maybe he will get a job or two. I don't really look at it as competition and a customer like this is never going to pay a shop like any of us to get quality.

I have fixed many a problems in my house by lurking forums and watching youtube videos. I wouldn't give him any advise but it doesn't bother me at all.

MakeMyGraphic

I'm also waiting for the innovative techniques :)

Personally I LOVE LOVE LOVE learning and am always reading reading reading.. unfortunately not reading anything creative just manuals and such... just got done reading a manual for my Roland Metaza MPX 60 that I just acquired for $100 bucks :p totally off topic... but seriously I am waiting to hear these innovative techniques since I wouldn't mind attending a class on how to "properly" handle and care for car wraps... I wonder if there are any sign install companies that offer legitimate install classes in So-Cal. Don't think I would ever like to go into that business myself since people who do the sign install are VERY skilled and patient... I am not one of those persons but I see no harm in learning something new. Anyone in this forum from San Diego doing sign installs? I can turn a bunch of people your way if so :) I keep turning those orders down...

yikes.. I defiantly would have wanted installed the lower portions before the upper portions if I were to ever have to do something this way... Your overlap is incorrect for water run off. You are going to experience peeling at the top of the lower pieces for sure.

Last edited:

Todd-sta

$50 buys you a lot of abuse. He may have applied it backwards, but the layout looks fine... at least you can read it. Since this is for himself, why jabber-on like gossipy hair-stylists? I've seen worse posted by people who fancy themselves pro's. hehehe.

HulkSmash

$50 buys you a lot of abuse. He may have applied it backwards, but the layout looks fine... at least you can read it. Since this is for himself, why jabber-on like gossipy hair-stylists? I've seen worse posted by people who fancy themselves pro's. hehehe.

No Offence, but that's an ignorant statement.
It looks fine? I'm glad you think that's all it takes. Ask him how it looks after a few rain showers. The technique is not right, and it will fail.

From what i understand it's for a customer, hence him saying, "I charged 1,000."

phototec

No Offence, but that's an ignorant statement.
It looks fine? I'm glad you think that's all it takes. Ask him how it looks after a few rain showers. The technique is not right, and it will fail.

From what i understand it's for a customer, hence him saying, "I charged 1,000."

Guys,

Good News, just finished the whole truck,
See the pictures..
The 2nd side of the truck started at 11am and finished at 1.05pm finished in just 2.00 hrs
Not bad for the first time installer, and very economical way too, with new innovative techniques that will help new installers who want to start their career.
The whole project cost is just under $ 1000 with all four sides..
MISTCOOLING

Ignorant? :omg2:

Lets keep the facts straight, don't know where your got your info, but what I read was, "the whole project COST is just under $1,000", not "I charged 1,000."

There is a difference between COST and CHARGED, I'm thinking the OP is saying his cost to wrap his own truck was only $1,000?

Todd-sta

My point is this: if you read through the posts in this thread, it is rife with gossipy speculation and arrogant comments by 'sign bullies.' Answer the guy's questions, offer your professional advice where you see improvement can be made, and move along....or continue to be a jackass and search for your next victim if that sends a thrill up your pant leg.

HulkSmash

Ignorant? :omg2:

Lets keep the facts straight, don't know where your got your info, but what I read was, "the whole project COST is just under $1,000", not "I charged 1,000."

There is a difference between COST and CHARGED, I'm thinking the OP is saying his cost to wrap his own truck was only $1,000?

Facts straight, You must not buy vinyl. That's about 180 bucks in wrap vinyl...if he used wrap vinyl... If you're paying out 1000 to wrap that, you won't be in business long.

HulkSmash

My point is this: if you read through the posts in this thread, it is rife with gossipy speculation and arrogant comments by 'sign bullies.' Answer the guy's questions, offer your professional advice where you see improvement can be made, and move along....or continue to be a jackass and search for your next victim if that sends a thrill up your pant leg.

just read through it, maybe 20% of the posts were critical. Others we're advising what not to do, or how to do it. Sure it looks good. Too bad it takes more than looks in this industry!

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I think Todd is right. However, he is as guilty as the ones he's pointing the finger at....... :doh:

We should label all the nonsense posts with a 'Dunce' hat at the beginning of such a particular post. Fred, we need a smiley with a DUNCE hat. :thankyou:
All this tomfoolery and arrogant answers are getting us no~where fast.

It's one thing to be a Sign Bully and it's another thing to be a Bully, but it's still another thing to know a Sign Bully when you see one, so it's probably safest to see that although the Sign Bullies are not helping the initial OP, they are indeed helping/preventing people down the road from making the same mistake.

I, for one am going to take a firmer look at my answers from here on in. Not saying I won't blast anyone, but I'm about to discern my actions and words from here-on-out.

Todd-sta

.... was as guilty. I am more into off-topic debates which is a fault I cannot deny. Very rarely will I go after someone and just thrash them for fun.... Old Paint being the exception - but we've had a fun, sarcastic banter going on for years. I've been known to send people designs under the radar, for free .... to help them out of a time crunch, or a mental block. That's more my modus operandi, I'd like to think.

Do a search and you'll find a few times when I was in a foul mood and was too insensitive and blunt in my assessment of someone's skills. It has happened on occasion.

A sign-bully makes a point of incessantly ridiculing others work - newbies in particular, because they are easy targets - and feel their own 'perceived' skills qualify them as a Sign-god.... even though, in general... they aren't all that exceptional themselves. Sign bullies are Serial A-Holes.... always cruising for new victims and ready to pounce. Gives them a real charge to show others how novice and devoid of talent they are.

Typical Freudian insecurities....

Have a great day everyone and strive to weave other's professional, constructive advice into your craft - where it makes sense.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
.... was as guilty. I am more into off-topic debates which is a fault I cannot deny. Very rarely will I go after someone and just thrash them for fun.... Old Paint being the exception - but we've had a fun, sarcastic banter going on for years. I've been known to send people designs under the radar, for free .... to help them out of a time crunch, or a mental block. That's more my modus operandi, I'd like to think.

Do a search and you'll find a few times when I was in a foul mood and was too insensitive and blunt in my assessment of someone's skills. It has happened on occasion.

A sign-bully makes a point of incessantly ridiculing others work - newbies in particular, because they are easy targets - and feel their own 'perceived' skills qualify them as a Sign-god.... even though, in general... they aren't all that exceptional themselves. Sign bullies are Serial A-Holes.... always cruising for new victims and ready to pounce. Gives them a real charge to show others how novice and devoid of talent they are.

Typical Freudian insecurities....

Have a great day everyone and strive to weave other's professional, constructive advice into your craft - where it makes sense.

WAS... and still IS. :ROFLMAO:

So, by going up against you, one wouldn't be considered a bully, because you obviously are a seasoned veteran of this trade and can absorb the hit.

So why is it, you think because a newbie is.... while maybe being new to this site, but has probably been guided by some inner feeling or guidance to follow this career has the ability to not display 100% horrible workmanship ??

If one become a cashier at a grocery store and can't count much higher than 14, do you think you'll keep your job very long, just because on the job application, it didn't ask if you could count, you'll last long ??
Girl walks into a department store, wants a job behind the counter selling perfume, but has the worst BO you can imagine.... do you think she'll keep her job, if she doesn't bath ?? Do you think she'll even make it to the manager's office ??
How 'bout the guy takes on a job doing valet parking for a high end hotel and is legally blind, which by definition means he can see things within 200' but can't distinguish who or what anything is ?? How long until he smacks a few cars into some walls or over the balcony ??

If you think these three scenarios are stoopid, believe me, I knew someone in each of those examples, that's why it was so easy to do.

So, with your idea of allowing all this nonsense to take place and see where nature lands your butt in this world, we're not supposed to be honest and tell someone they really aren't fit ??

However, if we do it nicely.... then you have no objections.

I don't see the difference if you tell someone with nice kind words that they s*ck or you 're just don't mince your words and get directly to the point. You don't have to be mean about it, but why the feeling one must sugar-coat the truth to make it work ??

Todd, I think you're a very well adjusted person in the field of signs, especially since you had to tell us you do some nice things for others when in need, but I really think you're just tooting your own horn for self gratification. What's your real reason for wanting to go so easy on unfortunate misfit people in the wrong line of work ?? You some kinda masochist and want to see someone suffer more than they have to ?? C'mon, you started this and I'm very interested in this, since lately, all of us are chasing people away from this site. Perhaps you can enlighten me as to what we're all doing wrong. Please.... explain. :thankyou: