• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Brain lock...

Circleville Signs

OK - here's the scoop. Dog grooming shop. Originally wanted to do a very cool dimensional piece for these people. They were stoked about it. Then, decided "nope - we can't spend the money".

So, now we are down to 3'x8' polymetal panel sign with digital print. I've come up with a layout that I guess isn't TERRIBLE, but it certainly is not my best. Any feedback/thoughts/suggestions will be mucho appreciated.

Oh yeah - the stupid dog with the leash that looks like an @ HAS to be on the sign. They have decided and so it shall be :)

Oh - one other thing. This is in the historical district, so no bright colors, no photos of dogs, etc.

Attachments

• Jones_Sign.jpg
    Jones_Sign.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 85

Williams Signs

Let the left side of the banner wrap around the J in jones. This will bring the banner down off the other letters and not look like it is just placed there. Also let the Groom Room follow the curves in the banner.

AUTO-FX

can you fill in the ribbon with a darker beige that is allowed, and then drop shadow "jones" with same color? i think that would be good.

Flame

Alright honest opinion here. :)

Why would anyone see that sign? If someone was driving by, you think they'd notice or care what the business is? Sure, it says it's name and what they do, but it's just....bleh. Zero excitement.

If you have to use their doggie circle, does it need all that extra fluff too? What about making a it a background image, faded in?

Or putting it into something a lil more stylish?

Do they want the "old fashioned" look going on?

Example shown...where as my 5 minute example might be a little over the top, I'm just trying to get the idea across that I'm pushing for. That you need good contrast colors, strong fonts, and if you outline something..... make sure people can actually see it!

Also, the 2 twirly-do's you have, they really don't compliment each other. Don't work well in opposite corners like that.... jmho :flamey:

Attachments

• Jones Groom Room.jpg
    Jones Groom Room.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 58

Williams Signs

Bring the banner down more. Look at the font for Groom Room it just doesn't flow well with the banner. Here is a quick mock up using two different LHFs

Attachments

• Graphic1.jpg
    Graphic1.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 75

Circleville Signs

Flame,

I'm with you man. I'd LOVE to do that. HOWEVER, as I stated in my OP, this is the historic district. Anything that isn't earthtones isn't getting approved - period.

Our historical district is ridiculous.

Flame

Flame,

I'm with you man. I'd LOVE to do that. HOWEVER, as I stated in my OP, this is the historic district. Anything that isn't earthtones isn't getting approved - period.

Our historical district is ridiculous.

Like I said mines over the top. toooo bright lol. But same rules applys to even earthtone designs.... I'll do ya a mockup after I finish some shirts here. :flamey:

Blazingsun

To me it looks like "tones" Not Jones.... maybe try using different font..or reshaping the banner.. so you see more of the J..

SignManiac

Here's my take based on what you've told us. I'd try to stick with the historic feel if that's the requirement. Colors, fonts, etc.

Attachments

• Jones.jpg
    Jones.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 61
Last edited:

"Deposit Please"

Way too much yellow on background color. I would put a much bigger dog in there leaning on the J. Maybe turn the top part of the j into a barber pole?? just some thoughts.

Marlene

nice SignManiac! all the required elements are there and it looks like it would fit right in a historical district!

Flame

Another quick idea.... just work on contrast, and new fonts.

Fonts are bleck, and red on tan is unattractive as it is now....

Attachments

• Jones groom room 2.jpg
    Jones groom room 2.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 54

Brandon708

I'm surprised all of you have the time to do all these layouts.

I like Day Sign and Flames ideas but they don't have the logo in there.