• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Brick Wall Mural

petesign

I second the 3M 480cv3 for textured wall applications. We just did a 90'x13' concrete wall with it, printing with solvent, and it worked great!

Here's part of it as it went up.

Attachments

• apowertextured.jpg
    apowertextured.jpg
    172.4 KB · Views: 122
After watching the video, I gotta say the application looked good and relatively easy. Pretty interesting stuff.

I agree with everyone about the wall painting. However if it's just not appropriate, I guess it's just not appropriate.

VTSigns

Just wanted to give an update of a job I did that was for a few wall prints about a month back. I used 3m 480cv3 and it worked great once again.

Attachments

• 2013-09-02 17.44.28.jpg
    2013-09-02 17.44.28.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 134
  • 2013-09-02 17.43.19.jpg
    2013-09-02 17.43.19.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 126

VTSigns

Here is a time lapse video of this install we did back in April in anyone is interested. We did this for project for our Town and they were so interested in how the install was going to go that they had 2 people there the whole time recording us do the install.

[video=youtube;kQmTvlvRh2E]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQmTvlvRh2E[/video]

BALLPARK

Looks great!!! Cool vid... :)

I heard you guys were fast after watching the video I see how you do so much work using that super sonic speed. But really... the projects look great!

visual800

Painting brick is a mural putting vinyl on brick aint..

Paint it using an experienced guy, what JIll said

John Butto

Nice video. So this 3M material does not have to be heated before you roll it down onto the surface. I saw a Arlon video awhile back where it was heated before being forced in the brick.

VTSigns

Painting brick is a mural putting vinyl on brick aint..

I didn't title the video. They only wanted the print to last 1 year and it needed to be removable so paint wasn't going to work.

Paint it using an experienced guy, what JIll said

Nice video. So this 3M material does not have to be heated before you roll it down onto the surface. I saw a Arlon video awhile back where it was heated before being forced in the brick.

You don't heat the material before applying it to the brick. We just hand squeegeed the material down and then took the roller/heat gun combo to it after. Take a while but its super easy.

Jane Diaz

Now I'm just curious...So this is a "temporary" installation. So in a year when you go to take it down, how hard is that? And when you DO get it off, does it leave a "gluey" residue (like on a vehicle) that you wil not be able to get off the brick?:omg:
Has anyone had experince with this?

VTSigns

Now I'm just curious...So this is a "temporary" installation. So in a year when you go to take it down, how hard is that? And when you DO get it off, does it leave a "gluey" residue (like on a vehicle) that you wil not be able to get off the brick?:omg:
Has anyone had experince with this?

I have had experience with this material upon removal. I removed a pretty large scale graphic (that had been on for 7 months) and it came off the wall all in one sheet leaving no adhesive behind whatsoever. This vinyl is a removable vinyl. This same material is used for vehicle wraps, ect.

sinedart

Brick wall wrap project

Hi folks,
I am just curious how much would cost to wrap a brick wall and what is the best recommendation of using the materials?
The wall is 130 ft x35 ft. I also was told to try on Mactac product and Ritrama. Any suggestions or experience to share?
Thanks!

Billct2

Ok I just read this zombie thread and I musta missed the original follow up that showed the job as done and it's a typical example of a time wasting thread. The original question was how to do a mural on a wall , with a picture of a huge brick wall with pipes all over it. Then it becomes a temp advertisement. Then it ends up being a dinky little graphic (relatively). It would be nice to get the correct info before spending the Time to offer our expertise.

TimToad

vinyl is removable. paint isnt. at least not as easy. just another thought. i think painting it would be my prefered choice. hell with wrapping that in a textured surface app. WAY TOO MUCH WORK.

I'm pretty sure that there are thousands of sandblasters and tuckpointers out there who would disagree with your proclamation about paint not being removable.

IMO, do a heavyweight banner and make them and their budget happy for such a short duration.

VTSigns

Ok I just read this zombie thread and I musta missed the original follow up that showed the job as done and it's a typical example of a time wasting thread. The original question was how to do a mural on a wall , with a picture of a huge brick wall with pipes all over it. Then it becomes a temp advertisement. Then it ends up being a dinky little graphic (relatively). It would be nice to get the correct info before spending the Time to offer our expertise.

I'm sorry you read the original post wrong. The thread was posted in the materials section as you can see. The original post was asking what type of vinyl material was going to be the best option for the project. Never did I lead on that paint was an option. I'm sorry that my "dinky" little 6'x16' vinyl project didn't qualify to be called a mural according to your standards. Sorry that you see this thread as a "time waster". I found it actually pretty useful in making my decision as to what material/technique to use.