• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Bull Crap of the day

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Now, that gets a triple whammy.................. :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: I don't care, that was just plain funny. I don't think his name calling was funny, just his perspective.

gabagoo

Here are pics of the chart in Flexi and in the print and rip and then the final print

Attachments

• IMG_0388.jpg
    IMG_0388.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 159
  • IMG_0389.jpg
    IMG_0389.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 153
  • IMG_0390.jpg
    IMG_0390.jpg
    119.6 KB · Views: 141

balstestrat

Problem Solver
The review and RIPping is done separate so the review doesn't always represent what comes out of the printer after rasterization.

FactorDesign

I've had FlexiSign / Versaworks do some weird things in the past. One of the strangest was a car wrap I was printing for a rush install job - Literally on a Friday the customer dropped off 2 cars on a they used for delivery, said "make these look like race cars", and I had to have them done by Monday. Design, print (on old eco-solvent), dry, lam, and install. About a 3/4" wrap. No roof and contour cut logo on the hood, but everything else covered. One one side, there was a ghost image that said 'trial" or "demo" or something to that effect (it was a long time ago, sorry!), and it only showed up in the red areas of the print. It wasn't in the graphic, wasn't in the rip preview, and was only one one panel of the print. Never figured it out.
At another sign shop years later we had a problem where if there were it would randomly drop out graphic elements. They were all on the same layer in flexisign, but thankfully you could see that it was missing in the preview image, so I only printed a few small things before I caught the issue. Rasterizing before printing always fixed it thankfully, since it was a very common problem with our system.

gabagoo

All I know is that I have been using Flexi for printing since 2007 and have never seen anything like this before...I also have never converted a file into 256 colours either, so that could be the issue. Thanks for the help and the humour...

Pewter0000

Graphic Design | Production
... One one side, there was a ghost image that said 'trial" or "demo" or something to that effect (it was a long time ago, sorry!), and it only showed up in the red areas of the print. It wasn't in the graphic, wasn't in the rip preview, and was only one one panel of the print. Never figured it out.

Wait, when you say "never figured it out", do you mean they just had to suck it up with text on it? 'Cause I like this method and I'm going to use it the next time someone brings crap graphics.

FactorDesign

Wait, when you say "never figured it out", do you mean they just had to suck it up with text on it? 'Cause I like this method and I'm going to use it the next time someone brings crap graphics.
No, I sent the graphic again and it didn't have that text anymore, with zero changes on my part. The only thought I really ever had was maybe something to do with the dongle. I wonder if a usb driver crashes or whatever mid rip/print if it would overlay that text but not show it on screen or have a popup error.

balstestrat

Problem Solver
Not really.
I have a benq 27" that is great, but only when you are directly in plane with it. When you stand up and look down, all the colors have a dramatic shift. So when I have a sales guy come look at something before I take it to the printer, they always say something like, "That's not how it looks on my screen." I used to have a second monitor that was touch screen, so it could tilt back 60 degrees, and I'd just direct whomever's attention to that one. (It was an older style touch screen, two points of recognition, and took up too much space, and the difference in brightness and color was nearly too jarring to use as an extended desktop)
You should swap that to an IPS.