• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Business card

Jackflush

Gorgor
Hello,
This is the back of the card...He wanted the complete biography on the reverse side. I had to cram so much I pulled a hammy on this one. What do ya think? Did I pull it off?

Attachments

• signs 101 test.jpg
    signs 101 test.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 110

OldPaint

i really hate when people just dont understand what a BUSINESS CARD IS FOR!!!!!! not speaking of what you did, but the people who want ALL THAT CRAP..........ON A 2 INCH x 3 INCH CARD!!!!!!!!!
all you need on the business card is
#1 WHAT you do, this is its main purpose.
#2 HOW TO CONTACT YOU, phone # big web page small and on the bottom.
#3 the owner of the card, can be small but plain and readable.
NOW........... if you want to, create a flyer for the guy, listing all that other schit he wants on the BC......and he can hand one of them to prospective customers, leave em on boats.

visual800

looks great! tell them its too much crap for your taste and send it to print! Aint no sense in overthinking it just be done with it

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
And all this time I thought he was only the front-man for that 70s rock band. Dang...

JB

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I'd drop the two anchors and put some more words on that thing.

If you really think about it, only a young pair of eyes might have a chance of reading all that little type. Is that his target market ?? People with money won't be able to read that mess, let alone make heads nor tails out of it. Like mentioned, just do it, get paid and walk away....... maybe run. :covereyes:

TimToad

Hello,
This is the back of the card...He wanted the complete biography on the reverse side. I had to cram so much I pulled a hammy on this one. What do ya think? Did I pull it off?

Isn't it spelled Petaluma?

Isn't it spelled Propeller?

Why are there commas after everything but is there a period after Metal?

The font choice and lack of weight differences in it doesn't help the overall readability.

First rule of graphic design, if you can't spell, either learn how to or use spellcheck on EVERYTHING before it goes out even as a preliminary proof.

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
As noted above, check the spelling and punctuation. Find a different anchor, this one's been around since the last ice age.

Ask this fellow what would he do if someone pulled in and needed work done on a 60'6" or an 11'6" boat. Would he say 'Wrong size!" and send them on their way or would he take the job?

Jackflush

Gorgor
Taking out commas and putting in baby anchors.... just kidding I put bullets. He has done a ton of business so I can do this for him. Thanks for all the input.

toucan_graphics

Aside from the overload of info, I only walked away with 3 main points that stuck out in my mind.... Eddie VanHalen :rock-n-roll:, pleasure vessel and moist oyster.

All the rest of that crap got memory-dumped immediately. Then I giggled a little when I said "Pleasure Vessel" and "Moist Oyster" . At least his email address didn't mention a bearded clam. :ROFLMAO:

rossmosh

This is the back of the business card? Then I think there is way too much personal info. Personal Info goes on the front. Business offerings should go on the back.

I disagree with people thinking you shouldn't explain to people what you do. I find plastic companies to be the worst. They describe themselves as a plastic company and then only sell some random plastic item. Why can't you just make that clear on your sign, card, or website?

The way I see it is I can imagine this guy having a conversation with a customer about working on his engine. He hands the customer a card as the customer is leaving. Later that day, the customer flips over the card and realizes, hey this person does X,Y, and Z also. Now you've potentially sold 3 more services to a person all because you wrote a few key words on the back of the business card.